Bubba 12/3 AMPS 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Morning L, B, & L ~

I decided to hold off on an increase since last night's PMPS was 101. I will reevaluate after tonight's cycle which will be 48 hours of no steroid ointment.

He is eating well and no more pudding poops after Sat night.

OT: My sister is coming in from Carlisle, PA to see Mom. Brother was here last night and brought me a Smart Bracelet for her to wear which will make taking her BP a lot easier. Mom has lost her ability to know her children's names. ( Or at least in that moment) When I told her Joey was coming and ask her if she knew who he was and she responded, "my brother" It was sad..........

Vines to all Beans and Kitties in need.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

That's nice your sister is coming to visit.
    Dementia can be such a devastating disease for all the family especially in the later stages, although even the early stages are sad.
    I think you are amazing looking after your Mom. It is such a full time job.
    I was just talking to a friend today who was married to a distant cousin of mine, who died recently. He had dementia and she said some days he would look at her and say " do I know you?"
    I'm glad Bubba is eating well and no more pudding poops.
    :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Bubba. I hope he heads to the lagoon and surfs. Sorry things are like that with your mom. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yep, she’s in and out. And when she’s “in” I think to myself ,”is she playing me”? It’s such a non linear sort of disease .

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: about your mom.

Bring it on down, Bubba!

6. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hope Bubba gives you a nice surf on this dose and avoids the increase.

Sorry about your mom. I can only imagine how difficult this situation is for you and your siblings. I pray that your mom has more good days and way less bad days.:bighug:

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

8. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Maybe, in her mind, she was thinking "your brother" and it just got muddled? I hope she has some clarity when your brother visits.

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

That was my gut reaction too.

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I took care of my mom for 5 yrs. She didn't have Dementia but Parkinson's. I know how exhausting it is & stressful! (take time to take care of yourself ! :))

She died a few yrs ago,in her bed reading the bible.She was 89 yrs old.

Sending positive thoughts & Healing Energy to you both :bighug:

12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope your mom has more good days than bad. You never know when the dementia shows. One minute they are fine then in a second making no sense.

Went to a Alzheimer's seminar a few weeks ago. They say just acknowledge what they are saying, don't correct them or tell them they are wrong. Quickly move the conversation onto something else.

Can't tell you how many times I am killing imaginary bugs dad sees. Or fielding the ss # scam that's going around, he got one of the calls and is constantly calling me to make sure his ss # is safe. He also got one of those "grandson is being held hostage" call. It's awful people do this, they have no idea the anguish they cause in the elderly with dementia.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the visits with your siblings and your mom is having a good day when they are there.

13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Dose threat out there Bubba, work it!

No Halo salve on Amazon.ca and Chewy doesn’t ship here. Cross border shopping isn’t that bad, did it for strips.

Thinking of you and your mom. :bighug:

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbie,
    I'm so sorry about your mom's dementia. I hope that she will have many good days and that the bad days will be minimal. I'm glad that your sister can visit this week. I was my aunt's caregiver for many years. She was forgetful and repeated herself a lot, but she remained "with it". I hope that it will be that way for your mom.

Gettin' ready for the lagoon, Deputy Bubba?

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, that's a good way to describe it. Cherish the "good" days, Bubba & Forrest will make you smile on the other days :bighug:

17. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Oh, Bobbie, I'm so sorry that your mom is struggling so. Its difficult to bear witness to our loved one's decline, but an honor and a privilege to walk with them through their journey. You are a good daughter. Hold tightly to the good moments so you will be bolstered through the not so ood moments.

As for Bubba, looking good, kid! Tiny is issuing a go-low challenge! So much love to all of you. ❤