Going away tonight - weekend dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ana & Frosty (GA), Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

hey guys,

We just finished week 4 of Vetoryl. Frosty’s sugars are much better now, seeing lots of blues on the Vetoryl on 3 units, and no greens which is great so I haven’t had to worry about hypoglycemia that is possible on the medication.

We are going away for 48 hours tonight, and I am wondering - do you guys think it’s ok to keep the 3 units, or should I go down to 2.75? She won’t be testing and will only come at shot times for about 20-30 minutes? I’m thinking I’ll keep him on 3 since he isn’t going down below 100 (that I know of), and I am finally not seeing excessive drinking or urinating. Thoughts?

@Wendy&Neko ? @Tuxedo Mom ?

JeffJ and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd go with a reduced dose if she cannot test. Easier to deal with higher numbers than hypo.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Do you think Frosty will eat while you are gone? His current dose looks like a good vacation dose. Provided he will eat.

I hope you are going somewhere fun!

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Plus 3.0 is easy for a petsitter to draw compared to a dose not on the line. I would still leave a syringe filled with coloured liquid to 3.0 units for her to compare with.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Enjoy your time away! Hope it is a lot of fun.

6. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

He definitely will. He will eat no matter who is feeding him, or what he is given. The other day he started eating our avocados! They were whole!! We were able to pry it out of his mouth lol. He’s a weirdo like that...

The only thing I have to worry about is my other cats not eating, and him eating their food, haha.

Thank you! It’s not that great actually, we are going to an outdoor wedding in NY, and it’s 100 degrees up there! I still need to get a dress (it’s tomorrow). Hectic day!

JeffJ and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I missed this post on Friday. That is so funny that he ate an avocado, what a goofball. The biggest worry many owners have - is whether their kitteh will get enough food to utilize with the insulin. Doesn't sound like a problem with Frosty.

I hope you had fun at the wedding. It is 98-101 every day here in the summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.