Pig +11 90; amps 103 What a night...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, he has been shooting down the dosing ladder again and I am fighting to stay one step ahead of it. I am not complaining at all. This is a very good thing! I had dropped him to 20.5uL 3 cycles ago, but apparently the 23uL depot was still in play. He hit is first ever lime green number and almost gave his baby sitter a heart attack... hehe.. :cat::joyful:

Also, last night was the perfect illustration of the power of these larger depots. In fact, I am a little in awe at it. I cut him down to the 20.5uL... Granted, the depot from the 23uL could have still been play, but I also drained it a few cycles back. On his second cycle of 20.5uL he hit the lime. Last night's cycle I gave a BCS of 10uL and still, could not pull him from the 50s.. Even with a couple tablespoons of HC!!! He was just a cruising and did not want to come up at all. It was a bit nerve wrecking because I am not overly fond of not being able to control that depot. My plan was to stay ahead of it, but its racing downward far faster than I ever thought it would!! :woot: Which is simply amazing!! But, I will say this, thank God for having a live in baby sitter now!!

Considering the power of his depot, which was on FULL display last night, I went ahead and reduced him again. Maybe this was premature and perhaps, a bit aggressive.. But, given my lack of control over his BGs last night... Well, I felt it the far better idea. I need to be able to use that R.

Pig said he wants more of that Raw food.. So, he is going to make sure I have the $$ from the insulin to buy him more RC. He is not playing around... :p

Wonderful days and good wishes for all the beans and kitties!! :bighug::bighug::bighug: Love you all to pieces!

2. LuvinThisPig

Hey... For a carb add in would rice baby cereal not work? I am waiting on my rice flour... Its got to be better than FF gravy lovers as far as phos.

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!! Such an exciting (and nervewracking) time! Go Pig Go!! He's really on a roll, isn't he?! :joyful:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Man! He is shaking and baking for sure!!! I think at times like these that my judgments are far better than I think. Moving in a baby sitter for this reduction period was a very good idea! And everyday he is proving me right on the choice to seek SRT! I just love this quirky lil Rockstar of mine!

Amanda and a Loudogg and JeffJ like this.
  5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking awesome Pig! But you really shouldn’t scare your new sitter like that. :p

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Lookin good there Pig.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Looking good Pig. But that LIME green is scary stuff. Let us hope we don't see much more of that.

I'm real happy to see the drop to 20 units. Go PIG Go!

Leo had a small hypo to 48 today, after just an extra smidgen more of insulin this morning. Plus we missed his 2pm/3pm feeding. A few drops of karo, and then he ate a whole can of food. Our poor acro cats, they go through so much.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoa! So exciting to see it all unfold. So sorry Sarah you have to be so on guard and test so much. You must be exhausted:bighug:

Hopefully Pig will get to his ideal dose soon so you can catch some Zzzzz's:confused:

ETA- Again thank you for the carrier info. We took a 2+hr trip this week to see a board certified dentist and Ming was wonderful on the car ride both ways. He loves the room, ventilation and when he wasn't sleeping he gazed out the window. Such an awesome carrier:)

LizzieInTexas, LuvinThisPig and JeffJ like this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

Yes... I imagine these wild swings in BGs cannot be comfortable for them! Poor Leo! I hope he is alright. Surely he is with such amazing parents! :bighug:
    I am trying to keep him away from lime green, but he seems to be doing a good job of it himself... He needs to poop. :) (threw that in just for you!)

JeffJ likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

You are most welcome! I am glad Ming likes the carrier. It really is a blessing. Big enough to give room, but small enough to provide security!

11. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Pig's fantabulous adventure gave me the courage to venture much further in the car with Ming or Buddy. I wouldn't have even considered taking any of my kitties to a vet 2+hrs away from home. So since it can be clearly done, thanks to you, a 2 hour ride is nothing!:p

JeffJ and LuvinThisPig like this.
  12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Fantastic job, Pig!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  13. LuvinThisPig

Oh!! This is marvelous to hear! I love traveling with my boys. But, both of them grew up on it. Tail is not as fond as riding in the vehicle as Pig is and if we are being honest, Pig prefers to travel outside of the carrier, Tail inside.

There is a lot to be said about being comfortable enough to travel kitties. It helps out a lot in spots of necessity.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  14. LuvinThisPig

He is doing so lovely! Well, he needs to poop, but lovely other than that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.