Pig 3/15 +10 276; amps 264 ! Civie Tail's 10th B-day ! :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I awoke to a Pig with an entirely empty bladder and a semi-formed, incredibly large (seriously, the size of a small child) poop. :p If the numbers keep him moving like this, then we may be able to save that $500 and just head straight to treatment. We will still work with Feline Specialties, however. They are just far to awesome not to! However, she did say that if it were her, she would head straight to SRT. I am just a bit concerned about his inability to release his bladder and colon. Things will work out as they should, I am sure. I have learned that with this thing, seldom is anything concrete and we all just take things day by day!

And..... Today is Civie Tail's 10th Birthday!! Yay! He is my healthy tank.... Of which, I am so very, very grateful. This cat is every bit of the rambunctious and crazy kitten he ever was. He still climbs to the top of the 6ft cat trees, yowls at the corners, and soars threw the air to the floor!! He is a little poop face with the most beautiful of spirits! Ever so patient with everything and seriously just a giant, unmovable lug. He is a Maine Coon and I swear, the feline personification of a Great Dane. Just goofy, lovey, and made of play dough. Happy Birthday my dear love!! :cat::kiss::cat:

2. LuvinThisPig

3. LuvinThisPig

Well, judging on the +4.5 from R, looks as if another raise to the scales will be happening tonight. He could also be heading into a bounce. I am not certain, but will obtain another test in a bit to see if he is heading the other direction or what. He did drop from 276 to 264 in +2, but that is hardly anything at all and his peak is often the +4 with R. So, based off last night and this morning, I feel another .5uR raise is warranted.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awww, so sweet to have a kitty wave at you. :kiss: Happy birthday Tail! I hope the tall human gives you some goodies today.
    Did you give R this morning or just last night? A +2 test could also just be the natural rise of the numbers before onset. The Lev onset will not be until later in the cycle. I might do a second test on 3UR before increasing. Without a +4 test last night, we don't know how far that R dose dropped Pig.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Man... What was I thinking? I had to give the R with the L last night at +0... Can't believe I forgot to get a read at the +4...

I gave R at +10 this morning. My schedule complicates the +10 dosing a bit. I do not get home until about 15 minutes before pmps.. On 3 days of the week. The other two I work mornings and have to come home to do amps. On my days off the +10 can be consistent...

6. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, missed seeing the late cycle R dose. I think you are right on the increase then. At least he's coming down with L onset now.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:bighug::cat:

8. LuvinThisPig

No worries... And its funny, because I am actually seeing more movement on the L then the R... Either way, I am thankful!

9. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you using 2 30u needles? They do make 50u ones. Love the video!

10. LuvinThisPig

Tail said thank you very, very much! In fact, he was screaming it on the top of his lungs.. towards the corner of the ceiling.. :p He is such a goober...

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to Civie Tail. I'm really impressed with the great care you are providing to Pig. The SRT can't come soon enough. Those high insulin doses are just barely keeping the acro-induced diabetes in check. I am hopeful that Pig will respond well to SRT, just like Leo did.

12. LuvinThisPig

Holy cow! They do? Seriously, I did not realize this, but it would make things a whole lot easier! I have a massive surplus of needles, so I will use those up and then purchase the 50u ones. Thank you!!

13. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

You could probably do a conversion and use the U30 needles that are for Prozinc. Or just go with the 50's. When is Pig going for SRT?

14. LuvinThisPig

Thank you.. This really means a lot. I think this is the one area I second guess myself on the most, just simply because I have never dealt with this. However, hearing the kind words lets me know that I am on the right track. I would not ever want to give him or his brother Tail any less than the very, very best!
    I could not agree with you anymore! I am hoping to be on the road in about a month. I have every bit of the costs for the procedure secured, it is just travel that I am working on now. I have a remodel at my store slated for the next week and once I get through that it will be nothing but this trip. Your experiences with Leo that you shared and the guide you put together for traveling with diabetic cats will prove invaluable! I have already begun getting check lists and supplies together. I have been more than blessed with access to cheaper insulin pens and now have about 13 pens stashed up with the addition of 1.5 pens of Lantus just in case. I spent the money to purchase a months worth of his medical supplies so I would know exactly where I was at financially. I also have some very close friends helping me out all the way both with the trip and the finances. I am really praying and gunning that this he will respond. He is otherwise quite healthy, despite the acro. I cannot thank you enough for all of your help! Everyone here is proving to be the most valuable of assets! :):)

JeffJ likes this.
  15. LuvinThisPig

We should be on the road in a about a month. Hopefully sooner!

JeffJ likes this.
  16. LuvinThisPig

I am hoping sooner, but as of now my grants will cover the last little dregs of travel and/or emergency funds. They will not release until about the 1st to middle of April...

JeffJ likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

BTW, it was Lisa and Leo who wrote the dicument on travelling with diabetic cats. She had to commute several hours each week for work and her Leo, also a brown tabby, was her travelling companion while he was diabetic.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  18. LuvinThisPig

Yes! I loved reading it! Not only very comprehensive, but very entertaining as well! :D I am forever grateful for them sharing their experience!! It will be quite invaluable for planning. Bless them for all they do! Very amazing people and kitties to say the least!

19. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kudos, but you deserve them as well. It is interesting reading about an Acrocat, but even more interesting actually dealing with it. I had a lot of help from Wendy and others. Glad to hear that Pig is going for SRT in the next 4 weeks. Let the countdown begin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.