Pig 3/19 amps 240; +5.5 255; +10 233

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, we have been having a wonderful day! I try to remember that Pig is not a number and if he is feeling better then that is where it is at! I finally managed to get him cleaned out and in conjunction with lower numbers so his bladder is feeling fantastic! No more inflamed bladder lump in his belly! I will simply have to up his MiraLax some. I had thought he could handle the beef raw, but that is not the case really. It is harder for him to pass. So, we will stick to the soft and pliable venison. No worries, though, he loves it!

Also, I have found that if I give him a cardboard flat (like what they ship cans in to the grocery store) from work with a pee pad under it, he is far more likely to use that than the litter box. I am very convinced he has some rough arthritis going more places than just that back, malformed leg. It just seems very, very uncomfortable for him to squat when the litter is moving around or overly deep. It is something about the bending. I buy special senior litter and it has helped quite a bit, but still looks uncomfortable for him.

But, then again, I wonder how much he is playing me.. He will run all the way up to the top of the 6ft cat tree no problem. The litter box is a bigger challenge! :rolleyes:

2. LuvinThisPig

Thank you @Kathy and TiTi , @Wendy&Neko , and @JeffJ ... I think I am going to take the subtle hints in all of your replies and avoid the airlines. The whole mess made me nervous from the beginning and that is why I chose to drive. However, in comparing costs it just seemed economical. However, I think we are looking at just buying a vehicle or something. I would much rather know that he is safe than save money. I am sure it can be done, but it makes me nervous. No way I am putting Pig's life in the hands of crazy airport people. Nope. I think I will pass! :p

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It's up to you. I would never take Leo or Chinus or Little Dude on a plane. Plus, what if the plane is delayed or even the flight is cancelled?

Sorry to hear you don't have a good car. That, in general, can be challenging in our highway oriented society. Anyhow, I hope Pig had a good day. Another 29 days days until you leave!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

It is fine, really. I live in a small town so walking can get me anywhere and keeps me in great shape! Much greener and more ecologically responsible, I feel.. Plus, it was for a good cause! I gave that up so I could afford Pig's health care needs.. I do not regret it and would never look back from it, either! Pig, helping me be a better person every single day!

Oh I am so nervous! Thank you for the count down! It helps make it more real and not so abstract.

I agree with you... The whole mess makes me nervous. It was a thought, but not a plausible one. All I needed was on reason not to!

JeffJ likes this.
  5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I was nervous too. But excited as well. It's a healing and cathartic experience to take your kitteh to a place where their life will change for the better. If you read Leo's thread, you know I was elated with the whole experience. The whole vet staff at CSU was dedicated to making animals healthier. It was great. I'm sure the same is true in Washington state (where I happened to be born... about a million years ago).

Leo didn't like being in the car, or the hotel for that matter. But he didn't know why. Now, about 1.5 years later, we still have Leo the Loverboy and I wouldn't do it any other way. He was not doing well with the high doses, and I knew he wouldn't make it without SRT.

So...I'm hoping the same happens for Pig. 29 days from now will be challenging. But I hope you are posting threads in a couple months where we see him coming down in doses.

In the meantime, go get a big V8. That way you too can contribute to the continued saga of our U.S. gas guzzling society!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Maybe rent a good car?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt I was subtle, ;). Until 911, airplanes were safe for me and my kitties. After that, no way. The fear and hate in our society is now embodied in the airport experience. :arghh:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I wasn't giving subtle hints. I was terrified before the flight, but had no choice. The roads were such I would have had to delay the trip at least 4 months. In spite of returning the weekend before US Thanksgiving (what was I thinking :banghead::banghead: ) I would absolutely take a cat on a plane again, as long as it was in the cabin as one of my carry on bags. However, if you do fly, you still need to rent a car at the other end to go to and from the vet hospital and the hotel. And to pick up essentials at the pet store. Six days on the road (three each way) was a lot. Of course, at the end of day one we stayed in Spokane. But for a few years, it would have been just a one day trip. :rolleyes:

The worst part of the trip for me was the security guards brought me into secondary screening. Not for the drugs (including a controlled substance/bupe), or syringes or the cat, but for the cat litter. :p Both ways! On the way back I learned my lesson, packed it in it's original bag. My flight was international in 2015, so after 2011.

Love the Pig report today. :)

LuvinThisPig and JeffJ like this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

We just made the move to 59uL. I know I should have pushed it to the full 60u, but something told me not too. CG logic..?? :rolleyes: Not very good logic. With the 209 pmps I felt we were narrowing down on the right dose. I also think that I will need to cap out at 60uL or else SRT will never happen. This will allow me to let the depot fill at the 59 then move to the full 60 and then utilize the R from there to fine tune the dose. I am hoping we will see blues. We were so very close with this last one...

JeffJ likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

Cat litter? Really? That is crazy.
    The last time I flew I was feeling a bit cheeky when I dressed and decided to wear these sneakers just coated to the nines in iridescent glitter (do not judge.. I was young and they seemed appropriate at the time) and the security guard pulled me aside, made me take off the shoes, and proceeded to swab it for explosive material. Yes. They were THAT flashy.. :p

JeffJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.