Pig 5/22 pmps 214 We are here...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

A couple days ago...

Guys... I am so, so sorry! I have missed the L&L! Apparently, my corner of the world is not totally functionable without my active participation. :p Well, to be fair, I sort of put the real world on hold these past couple months, especially during the actual trip for SRT, in order to take care of my love. My focus was laser pointed on getting Pig to feeling better and doing what needed to be done for him. So much so that a lot of my other responsibilities got put on hold and now they are catching up with me. I am having to drop this entire past semester of school (thank god they are letting me wipe it off my transcript because it was not going to look pretty against my 3.9 gpa) and just start all over. I have been trying to chase my tail in everything the past couple days and have barely even opened my computer. It does not help that as soon as I got back work was incredibly demanding.. lol. :rolleyes: Go figure...

With all of that being said, adding another layer is mister Sunny Pig... He is wanting to creep back into the yellows and I have added R back into the equation, but cannot seem to really pull his BGs down any. I am thinking that it is about time to look at doing an L raise. Obviously, I wanted to avoid that, but I do not think there is much options at this point.. I am just toying with what unit to raise.. I am liking a 5uL raise back to the last good dose we had. @Wendy&Neko do you think it is too soon to do this? It is stretching out to be more than just a one cycle thing, but then again he did hit a 160 on this dose. Not perfect, but not a 260 either...

I have been watching for other signs or symptoms of post SRT issues, but really I see none. Yes, his BGs are higher, but what I am seeing is more the symptoms of higher numbers than anything else. He is still super, super hungry (of course.. :rolleyes::p) and he is still coming to sleep with me on occasion, but he has the sugar slugs. He has not had a change in personality or motor skills and there seems to be nothing wrong except the elevated numbers. I am thinking that his trip to blue and green was the result of that tumor ramping down and now it is gearing up again. Considering I shave quite a bit off the dose, I am not overly concerned about it at this point. I just want to get him back to a good dose again..

He continues to have amazing bathroom habits and his bladder has been just perfect as of late! I think the dose just got cut a little too far...

@JeffJ I have fixed the SS for you! Great idea! Thank you!

It is good to be back! We have missed everyone! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I wondered where you were, and even stalked Pig's SS. :p But I also figured you had to play catch up. Sorry about the semester being a bust.

I like your idea of the Lev increase, provided out can monitor of course. It's not unusual to have to go up in dose after SRT. Just be ready to drop the dose or even do BCS doses if it looks like he needs less insulin.t this point a dose with upper greens might be good.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry you have to bump up a bit in dose, but it’s only temporary! I’m still excited for you to join the one shot/one syringe club! :cat:

Glad your school is so understanding. I bet it has been crazy trying to get back to everything after your adventure. Hope you find your groove soon and Pig does too! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

I felt so bad! It has just be a chaotic mess here since we got back! Thank goodness I hand notate all his numbers! No worries on the semester.. All I lost was money! :p But, I got to keep my Pig so I think its a worthy trade off!

Of course. Its a bit harder to catch his Lev nadirs since he peaks while I am at work, but typically he is lowest at ps times and I am home for both of those.. :) I have taken to putting 1tbs in the auto-feeder every two hours and feel more comfortable with doing this, especially considering we might be looking at reductions very soon. I will look at raising it back up on tomorrow's am cycle and I will have my brother stop in before work. That will put a test at the +10 hour and give me a good idea of where his nadir will be. Also, since the full effect of a raise is seldom seen in the first cycle, I will be home on the second and able to monitor every few hours. I typically do not leave for work until the +3 of any am cycle and am home for the entire pm cycle. Now would be the time to do it since my work schedule is pretty solid until Sunday morning.

Yes. I agree entirely! He gets pretty uncomfortable any lower than 70 (part of why I wanted to sit his reduction cut off there) and does really well in between 80-150. I think for Pig that is going to be a good target range. Historically, he regulates really well as far as keeping steady numbers and we have not seen any crazy drops or sudden changes. He likes to hang in certain 50-80 point range, but all of that is pre-SRT data and I am just not willing to bet future outcome on that. SRT threw in an uncertainty factor and I am going to need to keep an eye on it for sure...

Thank you Wendy!! You are simply the very best! :)

5. LuvinThisPig

No worries! It is not ideal, of course, but all I have had stuck in my head is the idea of swelling of the brain. I know she had to tell me about it, but those irrational reactions to possibilities start to get the better of me! I am glad that it is just a normal rise in BG and not something more serious. And YES! To only have to use one syringe??? Oh my... I am not sure I will know what to do! I will have to cut back my auto-ship order on syringes for sure.. Already we look like a hospital here! :p

I was about to cry with the good news today! That took a massive weight off my shoulders! Now it is all back to real life again! Thank you Stacy! I have missed you guys! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

So happy to see your posts. Missed you and Pig. DH asked if there was anything on Pig the other day.I showed him all the videos and read out your trip posts. He really laughed when Pig stole the sausage.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

Oh the growls!! You should have heard it! I already miss the PNE so much! I have found more people who have been there since we went and we all just sit around and talk about it.. There is one woman whose sister lives there and she was full of stories! I told her we were going to kick your neighbor out and come live there.. haha :p

Idjit's mom likes this.
  9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

You say you have catching up to do and your life is hectic . . . ? Here are a few :):):)s to combat fatigue. Good news that you were able to cancel the semester.
    I'm sure that Pig will be fine and that he may just need time to get comfortable.

10. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

When you get older, you will look back on this time period. And your reflection will be that you fixed Pig and made him healthier. It's too bad you missed the semester, but that will get lost in the annals of time anyhow. I have multiple college degrees, ending with a computer science PhD. The last degree was a real long time ago. I would have to re-study the material to pass college-class exams! My point is the college classes are not as important.

Someday, as with all kittehs, Pig will be gone. But you will remember your extra effort to give him life. And I hope you stay on as a long term member. I probably will stay when Leo goes away (as all kittehs do).

There is a cool thread in the "off topic". Some of the old-timer FDMB members chimed in. It made us all happy!
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/foster-parents-how-do-you-do-this.195670/

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  11. LuvinThisPig

Oh all of these make all the difference! This board and all these kitties and beans are so very soothing! I know each and every one of you guys know and understand the struggle! Thank you! Those smileys are far more valuable than you think! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

It was a massive relief! I am VP of my school's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the National English Honors Society, and it would have looked awful for me to bomb a theory class!

Yes. He has gone through a myriad of changes lately and I am sure they are stressful. I upped his dose to 45u tonight in hopes that will bring him a little lower.

12. LuvinThisPig

Oh Jeff… This is the single most important thing I have heard all year. Seriously. I always said, "I can retake a class, but I only get one Pig". You are so very, very right. These other things fade, but the important things are the ones we hold in our hearts. Pig will be a part of me for the rest of my life. Thank you, so much, for echoing my sentiments... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

To be honest... I meant what I said when I said I had found no place I felt that I belonged more. I have no intentions of ever leaving! I love this board and everything about it! :)

JeffJ likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose. Interesting that the last day he saw green was the day you started Radcat. May be nothing, but I was just looking at his SS to see if there was anything new around then. I presume his meds are still all the same? It could just be a tumour ramp up too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.