Pig 5/26 amps 133; +1 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I raised his dose this morning. He was due for one. Now he is on 50uL, but hopefully in a few weeks all of that will change! I am really thinking this will be the good dose and if that is the case, then I can just fine tune fluctuations with R and diet. I do not want him to close to the line. I will need room to adjust things when his reductions hit.

Still trying to figure out this diet thing and fine tune everything so that I can get us back to consistency. For now, I am continuing with the transition plan for raw. This week he is getting raw BID with a serving at the +6 hour. Other snacks are supplemented with canned. Next week he will be getting 2 snacks in between raw and then he will be solely raw fed. I have pork and venison on order.

I think what I am going to do for civie Tail for now is home cook. His ear thing is being (probably) caused by allergies. He has suffered them his whole life. Dr. Stropes feels that now it is food. Which means, both boys are coming off commercial all together and we will be a strictly raw / home cooked house. I am buying the EZ Complete today and looking for a good protein source. If I am cooking it I am not so overly concerned about source. But, quality is always a factor.

So.... Plan. Home cook meals for Tail. Raw feed Pig. Slowly add raw into Tail's food until he transitions over to it completely. Quit home cooking.. :p I might actually keep the home cooking around in case a strictly raw diet proves to constipating for Pig. The raw does not blend well at all.... :( I have tried frozen, partially frozen, and thawed. It just junks up the blender and remains almost whole. Either way, keeping the home cooked around gives me the option to blend the final product and I can put that into the auto-feeder fairly easy.

Now, plan is made and I am on the way to put it into motion, albeit slowly!! :p

I hope everyone's day is gorgeous and sunny and full of purrs! :bighug::bighug::bighug: And butt licks.... :p

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose and the new plan. So many kitties with allergies do better with raw, I hope you can transition tail to it.

How is Pig feeling/doing?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

He is doing alright. He is definitely acting better today. I think those yellows really felt strange to him this time around. Constipation is definitely a possible issue with the raw and I am trying to monitor it very well. He has seemed down the past few days but again, I really believe it to be owed to the yellows. I can see him visibly perking up the more he sits in the blues.
    I certainly hope so. I am not overly confident about his transition, though. He is the worlds most finicky kitty... As in, I dribble fish oil in his food and he will literally lick around the oil bubbles... :p No matter how much I stir them in. Of course, I would imagine to him that is a fairly strong odor, so maybe raw will not be as offensive.. I am just going to have to hide it very, very well..

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I don't even like cooking for myself. But once a month I cook "chicken tenders" for the kittehs. I looked them up:
    chicken tenders are chicken meat prepared from the pectoralis minor muscles of the animal.

Anyhow, they are as easy to cook as pizza, and who can mess that up?

Yes, Pig probably has a few more weeks of these humongous insulin doses before the SRT kicks in. We are all watching because now is the exciting part when the "magic changes" start happening.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Kitties will not poop as often on raw is what I have read and experienced with Bronx

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. LuvinThisPig

Any one who is seriously distracted like a full-time student attempting, yet another, theory class... :p I joke, of course. I love to cook! I was cooking up some chicken treats for Pig, but ended up having to boil them because they were just too dry for his digestion... He need the moisture. But, man oh man! He sure did love them!

I am soooo excited! It will be like unwrapping a Christmas present! I just cannot wait!

JeffJ likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

Yes... They will poo less often and of less amount. The raw is far more digestible. However, with Pig I don't really pay attention to bowel frequency because he has always pooped several times a day. Even when he is constipated. Pig's digestive system is something else entirely and he has always, always had runny stools. What alerts me to his constipation is the size of his bladder and his behaviors. He has been like this forever. I have seen him poop 3 times a day and still be constipated. He just handles his food so much differently than any other cat...

JeffJ likes this.
  8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I took Advanced Algorithms, a PhD class. It was just stupid level hard. Each of us spent 20+ hours a week outside the class doing the homework assignments. And I was paying THEM for this pain. So 20+ years later I remember the pain, and vaguely remember the content.

Frankly the fear I had with Leo, and with Pig, is that we caught the Acro a bit late. I got lucky with Leo and it took his insulin demand down a lot. I am hoping the same for Pig.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

@JeffJ how is Leo doing? After the hypo? How is Little Dude?

10. LuvinThisPig

I have worried about this. I am not certain at all what that would mean. He has no lasting damage from the unregulated diabetes or the growth hormone.. That was present on exam. I only hope his need comes down and that this tumor can be negated. If we need to repeat SRT, then so be it. That is what we will do!

Is there a possibility that the procedure will do nothing?

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking. They are doing great.

Leo bounced after the hypo, but is eating well. That eating is what we hope for with all our kittehs.

If LD got any sweeter he would be an emissary for world peace. See our 2 luv bugs - picture from 5 minutes ago. We love our sweet boys. Little Dude and Leo luv bugs - 05-27-2018 1am b.jpg

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  12. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

There is a possibility the SRT will not be as effective as we hope. For example Bronx got a timely SRT, but I have always hoped he would get into lower numbers. Maybe he will stiil go lower in the near future.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  13. LuvinThisPig

Ah yes... If it were not for Bronx and @Bronx's dad I would never found this board! Pig and I owe him quite a lot indeed!!!! I have heard it can take up to 2 years to see the full difference. Maybe longer...

Bronx's dad (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  14. LuvinThisPig

I love this!! Glad that Leo is eating and doing well! I was worried! You are right... the appetite is so very important!

Perhaps your LD and my Tail need to come together and start a new world religion... ?? funny-photos-of-join-my-religion-cat-text.jpg

I have never met a sweeter guy than Tail. It is hard to describe him... I could write for years and not capture his innocent and desperate need for love. :p

JeffJ likes this.
  15. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

LOL. That's a great pic! Some of our kittehs are just plain sweet. It is hard for me to imagine that LD could still be a neighborhood stray. He has brought us so much joy. And he has become the best of buds with Leo - which I think helps Leo with his health. They are together all the time.

Bedtime here in Austin.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  16. LuvinThisPig

Sleep well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.