Pig 6/1 +10 81; +11 84; amps 66; +1 81; +2 75; +3 84; +4 68; +5 50 - **Poo Pic*This IS the start!**

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Yay! Well, as it would seem, we are looking at the beginning of his reductions! :woot: Whoop!

I hope I am not jumping the gun here and really, I suppose it would be hard to say entirely for sure. However, 2 cycles calling for a reduction in a week? I choose to be hopeful!

So, given the results of the last reduction when I shot the lowered dose on the full depot of the last dose, he went down and down. Instead of giving the full 40u (reduction amount), I opted to give a 2/3 BCS to drain out that depot a bit. Especially considering that I will not be home. My daughter is graduating from Kindergarten tonight and I CANNOT miss that, of course!

But, last night marked the 5th cycle on the 45u and he dropped below a 70. By this point the depot from the 50u is fully gone and what I am seeing is only the effects of the 45u. This is my uneducated guess and I hope that I am correct in my assumptions.. :confused: In fact, I almost shot R last night, but considering that he had just had a BCS and I was waiting for at least a few cycles for him to mature the dose, I felt it better to withhold the R. It looks like that was the right choice! I might just be getting better at this dosing thing... :woot:

We will see what amps and pmps brings and I will hold him without R until around the 3rd cycle after this BCS... Well, maybe the 4th. I want to make sure what I am seeing is entirely the 40u before changing anything. I certainly hope he continues this trend! This is fantastic!

Also, maybe just the numbers, maybe not... But, I have seen some very minor changes that would look like nothing to anyone else's eye... Like, the other day after Tail's bath, Pig voluntarily went up to Tail, chirped at him, and began to groom him dry. He has not done that in over a year and to voluntarily approach him is amazing! This is how they use to be before this whole stupid Acro thing... :cat: He seems to be sitting straighter as well... Like his joints are not paining him quite as much. I could be crazy on that last bit, but I swear he is.. hahaha.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Too-riffic! I am so hopeful for you and dear little Pig. Fantastic day, a kindergarten graduation and Pig beginning reductions! Congrats to all concerned.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Congrats. These are very exciting times!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! The sun is shining on us in Westville! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. LuvinThisPig

Thank you soooo much! I am like a nervous little kitten at this point! But, I am going to hold to this dose thing like a mad person...

6. LuvinThisPig

Um.... And he just pooped his first almost fully formed poo in his whole life!!!! :eek::eek::woot::woot:

Oh my gosh.... The implications of that... I may be more excited! Is that even possible!!!

7. Idjit's mom

Omigosh, you are so precious! Can we have a pic of that?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

And I love that I can say that and people will want a picture! Yes of course!! Let me get to the computer so I can upload it!!

I just love this board! We are home!

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  9. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

So good to hear :) I hope Pig continues to do well!!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Happy to read the good news!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  11. LuvinThisPig

Thank you!! I am flitting around the house like a mad little fairy with excitement.. Pig thinks I have lost my mind and cares nothing about it other than he wants more food... lol

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  12. LuvinThisPig

Thank you!!

13. LuvinThisPig

0601181333[925].jpg
    Behold!!! The POO!!! :p

0601181333[925].jpg

My god I love this board. The only people in the whole universe who knew I took a picture of the thing and then want to see it... :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats to your daughter and to Pig. Just wish I wasn't reading this post during lunch, :stop::confused:

15. LuvinThisPig

Oh my god... Wendy! I am sooo, so sorry! I hope it did not spoil it.... It is a bit foul... o_O:)

16. Wendy&Neko

:p:p:p

Maybe "poo pic" on the subject line as a warning? ;)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  17. Idjit's mom

I am laughing so hard!

LizzieInTexas and LuvinThisPig like this.
  18. LuvinThisPig

For sure!! I will make it smaller as well... hehe

19. LuvinThisPig

Okay... So it is +5 and he just hit a 50. I gave the equivalent of 1tbs HC (FF gravy lovers 50/50 mix) and a lick of honey. Hoping this stops the insulin action a bit... I have reinforcements coming in, but will be on call. I might have to stay at home... Normally, this would not be an issue... But, my daughters graduation.. :(:(:(

I will test him in about 10 minutes to see if he has come up a bit..

@Wendy&Neko
    @Stacy & Asia

Any advice here.. lol

20. LuvinThisPig

Well... now I just doubled the poo. **Swear word here **

21. LuvinThisPig

+5.5 @ 89 - no food since +5

22. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

glad I had finished dinner lol
    So so so awesome, glad to see it actually, only people on here would say that
    I needed that lmao moment ! Lol

LuvinThisPig and LizzieInTexas like this.
  23. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Lololol:D:joyful:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  24. LizzieInTexas

Me too.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  25. Wendy&Neko

Darn depot! :mad: At what + time do you have to leave? If he's still in these numbers a couple of hours after the gravy/honey, you are probably OK to go.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  26. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Other than Pig picking the worst possible evening to want a PJ party, great numbers!

LuvinThisPig and LizzieInTexas like this.
  27. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Lol at this thread. :joyful:
    Glad Pig is continuing to do so well. This is exciting! Up Pig and stay safe tonight while your family is out celebrating.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  28. LuvinThisPig

I can reply better in a minute... But, @Wendy&Neko should we continue with the 40u? Or pull back to a 36u?

29. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Omg poo patrol I LOVE IT!! at least we don't have smell a vision. Thank goodness for small favors!! Congrats on kindergarten graduation. Well done Pig!

Susan&Felix(GA) and LuvinThisPig like this.
  30. Wendy&Neko

You haven't actually shot 40 yet, so it wouldn't be continuing. :p However, up to you if you want to play it safe and go lower. You can always go back up if you need to. I said that many a time, and didn't go back up when SRT was kicking in.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  31. LuvinThisPig

Once I got that 84 an hour out from his HC then I knew it was most likely safe. His FS are usually less than 40 minutes. I also had my brother here and my phone on hand, so I felt safe to attend her graduation. There are not a whole lot of circumstances that would have made me leave the house in a moment like that, but I could not miss that if at all possible. My brother is pretty diligent so I knew that Pig was in good hands. But, phew! That was crazy!

32. LuvinThisPig

I know!! They were looking great! I am curious where he would have gone without all the intervention... But, that was not to be seen this cycle..

33. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! The HC really did the trick. It quite literally halted that insulin and put him on a steady coast... Until the +9 hour and then he jumped..?? I think all the food is having an impact on digestion. I just hope he is not too constipated now... *sigh*

34. LuvinThisPig

He is rocking it! Maybe he needs to not be so hardcore for a bit... lol.
    Oh! Can you imagine if we had smell-o-vision? What a horrid idea! Hahaha

35. LuvinThisPig

Ah... yes. I suppose I can't continue that which has not been started.. Haha :smuggrin:
    I did pansy out. With the way my work schedule is the next week, I want to make sure that this does not happen this fast again. Or at least do what I can to add a cushion against it. I had zero control with the LC.. It did not do anything and that concerned me. Now, that HC sure did pack a punch! But, I can't give that to him all the time, obviously. So, I compromised and pushed a 37u. Just a bit over a 15% since a 10% just wasn't cutting it. Hey! At the end of the day, if he is higher, I always have R to manipulate that around a bit.. :):cat:

Thank you! I could not do this without your sage advice! :bighug:

36. LuvinThisPig

Okay... So, we shall see in a few cycles if I went over board on the reduction amount. I might have, but I always have R and the option to increase again. I am going to tag @Stacy & Asia because as I was giving that awful HC FF with all the carbs and gravy and thickeners and phosphorus, it dawned on me... I can't give him this on a regular basis if he is going to be dipping and dipping... So, I remembered you giving the potato flakes in Asia's food to help bring her up and I was wondering what amounts you used? I like this option as I can add it to his normal diet. Did it work well? Did you see a reaction from Asia? I am sooooo needy these days... Haha :woot::)

37. LizzieInTexas

1/8 teaspoon. I hope she chimes in. I think rice flour is also an option but not sure if it was Stacy or someone else that mentioned that. Rice flour is very, very fine and I am curious to see how well it works (JIC for me) - I think it would mix in/sprinkle over better.

ETA - I hope you made it to your daughters graduation last night.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  38. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! I never even thought of rice flour, but that is a good idea. I wonder about Tapioca Starch? That is in a lot of things, but I know nothing about which would be better. I will try the potato flakes the next time. I imagine that those will hold the increase a little better than straight sugar. If I back it with pure protein, this seems like a good way to bring up numbers and keep them up.

I did make it to her graduation!! Thank goodness for the most amazing brother in the whole world! He works overnight and came over in the middle of his night to take care of him... He is really the best ever!!!

39. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry I’m just getting back to you, this and last week are the busiest of the year for us, things will be calmer after Sunday. What amount I use is insignificant to Pig as ECID, but I decided to arbitrarily start with 1/4 teaspoon and go up or down from there depending on what results I got. I did use potato flakes at first and I now use rice flour, only because rice is much lower p than potato. I also think rice is a better choice for digestive issues as it’s pretty innocuous and often a go to additive for tummy upset/bland diet. I have found it works very well to add some carbs without changing the food I want her to eat. I still give Karo on occasion or give rice flour in high carb gravy because...sometimes when she is going low, especially if it is sustained, it is not reasonable to feed her as often as I need her to eat, it’s too much food and she would get full. Also, mixed in with food works better to prevent lows than to come up from them because carbs are used up quickly, but if carbs are combined with fat and protein, the fat and protein slow the carbs down to some degree. You’ll have to play with it and see what works for Pig. If I’m trying to get up from a low number, I either give Karo or rice flour in some gravy, give the carbs 15-20 minutes to do their thing, and then I give regular food to sustain the rise.

40. LuvinThisPig

No worries! I was actually getting pretty worried because I had not seen you guys around and the last I knew everyone was under the weather! Hope everyone is feeling better! :bighug:

Yes. This does sound a bit better. I will look into finding a good brand. I don't think I can get this anywhere in this town.. :p I figured it would vary from cat, but a good starting place I was lost on. It will come down to experimentation, for sure.

I could not agree more. This was one of the first things I learned in this whole journey. The difference in spikes and duration of spikes when looking comparatively at canned (HC) vs the Raw is quite astounding. I started a longtime ago measuring and monitoring his FS amounts so that I could understand what foods worked best for him. Until recently, though, I never really had to worry about jumping numbers up really quick and was instead looking for a slow steady rise that would have staying power. Protein almost always did that. I figured the sugars / carbs would burn faster and it only makes sense that if you can jump the numbers up and back with protein, then you would have a better control over the numbers.

Thank you!!! I hope all is well!!! And that you get a change to slow down and breath a bit! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  41. Stacy & Asia

Hope it works for him, I like having the option of something that isn't an entirely different food and with needing low p in addition, it's so much easier this way!!! The brand I get is bobs red mill, it would be at any Whole Foods or place like that, also if you know any non-gluten eating people you could ask them, they use all those alternative flours to make things you would typically make with wheat flour. You can probably get it on Amazon as well. They have a surprising amount of grocery items now and the non perishable ones ship everywhere.

Yes, we are all so much better, just have some of the residual "takes a week or two to go away post cold annoying symptoms" to deal with but nothing more than slightly annoying compared to the state we were in. Younger daughter ended up with a post cold ear infection, so that's always fun. :rolleyes: But on the upswing for sure, thanks for thinking of us. :)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  42. LuvinThisPig

Dumb question here... But white or brown rice flour?

43. Stacy & Asia

I get white rice flour I guess? I didn't see brown rice flour, I'm sure both would work, both are low p, look at the carb values for each and see if they are comparable.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  44. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

OMG - now that I've seen it, I can never forget. I wonder if I will have a poo-mare tonight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.