Pig 6/12 amps 177

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Not a whole lot to report today. He is doing really well, despite the higher BG ranges. I can just tell a massive difference in his behavior on the RC. He just feels better! His appetite is ravenous and my little excursion to Walmart last night solved several problems for us.

The way I have it set up he will be getting about 3.2oz = 102.4 kcal in a 12 hour time period. Which means that in a day (24hrs) he will be getting about 6.4oz = 204.8 kcal. This is about 50 calories more than what he was getting, but also it is being digested and used far more than the canned food ever was.

With canned he pooped about 2-3 times a day because, really, it was just flushing right through him with very little benefit. With the RC he poops about once every 1-2 days... Aaaannnndddd the kicker?? Even with all of that, he is not constipated in anyway! Perfect bladder and no hard, bloated tummy. This tells me that he is absolutely using a very large part of what he is intaking and that is a good thing.

I will weigh him every week and see if he is packing on pounds. I want he right about 14-14.5 lbs. Once he gets back up to that, then I will back off his daily amount to about 5 - 5.5 oz.

For now, I will just adjust the insulin to meet the need because I have no intention of pulling him off raw ever again.... Now, let us hope that he decides to be compliant with this.. :p

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am glad the raw is finally working out. I'm a big fan too. And I found it seemed to be more filling somehow, even if the volume was down a bit. What does Pig weigh now?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

...and what has been his total weight fluctuation?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

At WSU he weighed in at 13.7 (6.2kg).. Although, I am at work and that might be wrong. I will check the records when I get home to be sure.. But, if that's right and I am thinking it is, then he has dropped about .7 lbs since we got back... A lot I am sure is owed to the fluctuations and the fact that some of that may have been fecal weight... But, he was not overly constipated on the trip, either... He is 13 even right now.

I will monitor it very closely, though, just to be sure..

I am a huge fan of the RC. But, I will say, he does not ACT like its more filling! :p He wants all the meats... :woot:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

His BCS score at WSU was a 5 (ideal) and he typically hangs around 14, with 14.5 being a tad chubby...

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Weight in kg???? Are you moving to Europe or something? LOL

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

I raised him again to 29uL to meet with the RC... I think that will be the dose that pulls him where I want him. I hope so. We are sooo enjoying the 1 syringe club... :p

8. LuvinThisPig

Lol.. No, that is just what WSU gave his weight to me in, so I just rolled with it. I felt it a little more posh than pounds...

LizzieInTexas, JeffJ and Idjit's mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.