Pig 6/19 pmps 166

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, it would seem that this time, at least, the BCS is doing its job and draining that depot. I have a feeling that he will hold these reductions. We shall see where this cycle takes him. If he drops below 70 on this round, I might pull him down again..

On another note, he is doing really well. He's been a bit constipated today, but I think that one is simple. He started dropping and I started feeding. :p I have not had a chance to try the potato flakes and I am still waiting on my rice flour. He enjoyed the extra food... Now, not so much. He is not like super constipated and is still being able to empty his bladder, but there was a spot of discomfort for sure.

Hope all is well in L&L land as I have missed it.. I will be able to be on much more next week! Have a wonderful day to all the beans and the best butt scratches to the kitties! :woot:

JeffJ, Bronx's dad (GA) and saltycat like this.
  2. LuvinThisPig

Well, he got a bit higher last night, but this is associated with the BCS. He is right on track now with an amps of 107! Yay! Maybe we will see another reduction here very soon! I am hoping so...

JeffJ likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Only blues with a BCS. I like that! :cool:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Oh yes.. Me too! He is already coasting back down... I am interested to see where this dose takes him. I am hoping to see a reduction here very soon!!

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Wheeee. What a roller coaster ride. Pig is looking great!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm lost. I have been living in computer acronyms for the past month. What is BCS?

Glad to hear that Pig is doing well. I am glad you have the SRT Weeks noted with highlights in the spreadsheet. I hope we see some more reductions in weeks 8-10. The time sure flies by doesn't it?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

Oh my for sure! I certainly hope he holds these recent reductions! But, either way he is looking glorious! Thank you!

My spoons arrived the other day and they are just too cute! And perfect!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

BCS = Big Chicken **** Dose... Lol.. So, instead of 23u I gave 11.5u. Half his normal dose..

Yes. I agree. I am almost certain that we will. It took my friends kitty almost a year and a half to come fully OTJ after treatment at WSU. I know, ECID, but its hard not to make comparisons.. :p

How are the boys??

JeffJ likes this.
  9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

We can hope for OTJ, but it doesn't always happen. I will hope for it with Pig, but will be happy to see him in the 2.0-8.0 unit range. He got to such a high dose level. All additional change will be good.

BCS - so that is a new one to me.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

Agreed.. A girl can hope for sure! I am pretty confident that we will see, at the very least, a significant change in insulin need. To come OTJ would be simply amazing! The thing that keeps coming back to me is that the level of IGF-1 in the body does not correlate to the size of the tumor and likewise, I do not believe tumor size directly correlates to insulin need either. For example, there have been kitties with a tremendous insulin need and only a very small tumor, indeed. In fact, so small that it could not be seen on CT scans at all. My research tells me that when dealing with Acro, there are really no definitive markers that point to severity. Meaning, that even if he did make a higher dose range, that does not make him anymore or less Acro than any other kitty. I believe this is why we see some with the physical changes and others with none. Some with high dose need and others with very low doses, comparatively. At the very least, this is what I hope for. That dose does not indicate severity. If that is the case then we are all on a level playing field and OTJ can totally happen. Of course, I could be entirely wrong with this, but this is where my research has led me. Acro, apparently, is a very hard to diagnose and even harder to predict disease.

And its funny that the forums censored out the last word.. Because I know I fully typed it out! :p

JeffJ and LizzieInTexas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.