Pig 7/01 amps 137

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Cont. From 6/28 - 6/30

Well. Right now I just don't know. He was feeling much better yesterday morning, but last night... To be honest, I am a bit at a loss right now and not really sure what it going on with him. It might just be stress.

When I left to go to work yesterday, he would not let me test him. This is not like Pig at all. He was low growling at me and very cranky. I left him alone and let him breath a bit. His babysitter had no issue getting a test the rest of the night.

I know he is constipated. He had a bit of LPD last night. I am also very convinced he has some sort of UTI or bladder thing going on. He is acting very normal this morning. Actually he is acting great this morning. He is up and moving around and chirping and generally just being Pig. His appetite is amazing! But, I can't really base a lot of health on his appetite because, well, let's face it... This boy is ALWAYS hungry. :p

For starters, I am an idiot. I started him on his AB and never even thought to start his Prazosin. Standard UTI / Bladder regimen for him. It helps to stop those urethra and sphincter spasms that make it a little difficult for him to empty properly. I started him back on it this morning. I am hoping that will help a bit with his yuckiness.

But, here is my concern. I first thought UTI / Bladder because he was having slightly odd bouts of behavior. Its like he gets antsy or can't get comfortable. Its also like he is looking for something. I assumed he was looking for a new, quiet place to urinate. One that did not make it burn... This is classic behavior for him with these. But, one night he walked to the bathroom door and asked to be let in, like he wanted to drink water from the sink. He has not done that in about a year... Now, last night, he was antsy. Laying in about 4 different spots before settling in with me. He also was incredibly thirsty! :eek: Okay, so probably does not sound overly weird. So what? Pig wanted to drink from his water bowl and possibly the sink. But, Pig does not drink water from a bowl anymore. He has not done that in over a year! Pig eats his water... Both the boys do. They glean their water intake from their food. But, now.... Pig suddenly won't leave the water bowl???

I have not seen him do this at all today. I panicked last night and was pinch testing him all night... He is not dehydrated. His skin springs back beautifully. His gums are not sticky. So... What gives? When I think polydispsia I think diabetes, of course, but I also thing hyperthyroidism and CKD. His gums still retain a healthy red color (unless his BGs are low) and he is not losing weight. Nor is he dehydrated. This points me more towards hyperthyroidism. The antsy thing does as well. Yet, we just had that whole area irradiated... I would think that would cause a hypo situation rather than a hyper. Then again, it could just be that the meds are causing a bit of water loss that he is trying to accommodate for. It could also be trying to settle an upset tummy. Plus, with the addition of the SEB he gets slightly less water in one of his meals in favor of the SEB liquid. *Sigh* His urine PH is not great, but not bad. He is at a +6 urine PH. His urine gravity is actually pretty good and he is peeing a yellowish color. It is not dilute, but not overly concentrated either.

1) Polydipsia (maybe a symptom - maybe situational)
    2) The poor boy needs to poop. Bad. He had 3 movements of good size last night, but seems in a bit of discomfort still.
    3) Bladder is still swollen - probably from irritation and inability to empty (constipation and or infection). Prazosin should help this tremendously.

I am lost... @Wendy&Neko any ideas? Or know anyone who might?

2. LuvinThisPig

6/28 thread

This is very good to know... I was a bit worried! And yes... Pig had snored for a few months and then... clear breathing..

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

How long ago did you have bw done? Might be worth a senior panel just to get a view of his overall numbers.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

His appetite is also quite exaggerated at the moment.... I had chalked this up to the SEB...

5. LuvinThisPig

I absolutely agree. They checked values in WA, but Dr. Fidel just read his old BW from back in January. She said everything looked tip-top. But, with the SRT, I need to test his T-4 at least every quarter… I am thinking I will need to figure something out financially. He needs those values tested.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How is his weight? Same, more, less? Excessive drinking can also be a sign of nausea. I also wouldn't fret about something that doesn't last.

JeffJ and LuvinThisPig like this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

GROSS DETAIL IN THIS POST!! WATCH OUT! No pics, though.... :p

Wow! So, I just weighed him again and he has put on a full 2 pounds in 2.5 weeks!!! :eek::eek::eek: Now, some of that maybe fecal weight at the moment... But.. 2lbs!?! Jeez, Pig. I might need to cut back his food a bit. I had him on about 5.5-6oz in a 12 hour period. Maybe down to 4.5-5oz would be more appropriate. He is at ideal weight at 14 - 14.5lbs.

Yes. It could be nausea. I did not think of that. I am certain he has a bit going on from the AB. He only did it for a bit last night. I have not seen him doing it this morning. There are really no other signs that point to anything being wrong (outside of LB habits at the moment).

His appetite is amazing. He literally just ate his Prazosin tab right off the plate like it was candy and it is not compounded with a flavor or anything... I set it down with a drop or two of fish oil on it to go get a towel to pill him and when I got back he was just munching down. :rolleyes: Already it is working. He was definitely backed up. Now that the Prazo has kicked in he has large, wet chunks just falling from his behind..o_O It is also a odd color. A bit greenish? Yellowish? Probably a side effect of the AB. Also, its definitely watery around it. That's most likely the SEB, I would think. There are no blood flecks in it and its a good consistency, if not a tad grainy.

Sorry for all the gross details...

JeffJ likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

He seems in very high spirits at the moment... That is a good thing.

9. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

A good poo is always a cause for celebration! Even among beans. :p

JeffJ and LuvinThisPig like this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

Absolutely! My little girl certainly gets excited over one... :p

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. LuvinThisPig

@JeffJ I figured you would want to get in on this discussion... LOL :joyful::p

JeffJ likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

FYI, Neko, at 14 lbs, maintained her weight at 4 oz of raw a day. Looks like hyperT is off the plate as a possibility. :p

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  13. LizzieInTexas

How much does Pig weigh? What is his ideal weight?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  14. LuvinThisPig

Oh my goodness... for sure! No idea where he is keeping it all.. :confused:

15. LuvinThisPig

I just weighed him at 15lbs even. That is a 2lb increase in just 2.5 weeks!! Holy moly, Pig. Way to live up to your name! :rolleyes: His ideal weight is about 14-14.5lbs. He will not be happy about having his food cut back...

16. LuvinThisPig

My god… The effects of Prazo are all over my floor in neat, wet plops... :rolleyes: Umm, he feels far more comfortable now...

17. LizzieInTexas

Or just more exercise :D

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  18. LuvinThisPig

:p:p:p I am pretty sure who ever designed this, oh so many years ago, did not know this Pig. :facepalm: Pig's exercise is running around the house and calling silent hits on the moths and june bugs that happen to come inside... And terrorizing his brother. However, you certainly have a point there. He is so disinterested in any toys, except one. And that one I have to constantly pull from his mouth because he is for real trying to eat it... :rolleyes: Swallowed the tail once. Thank goodness it is short and was still attached. He can only play with that while I am watching... Hahaha!

19. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Ummm yeah, we're back to this. Actually I always feel that a bit of extra weight on our sugar kittehs helps them get through the problem times, whether it is a half a day or several days. So we like to see some fat on all our kittehs.

I suspect Pig is holding out. He may soon have a blowout with all that food in there. I'm glad you live in a different state!:eek::D

Pig could have a hairball stuck in him.:(

Little Dude gets all excited after his duty in the backyard.
    - he meows a lot as he approaches the target zone
    - he looks for the exact target
    - the hole gets ceremoniously dug
    - then the duty
    - then the hole is dutifully covered up from 3 or 4 directions, buried treasure

Then he sprints like mad across the yard - maybe to displace clingers.

Leo, now often growls at the vet. Or always growls during home procedures. Such as the dreaded "wet paper towel cleaning of the litter on his back hocks". Hates it with a passion.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the weather???

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  21. LuvinThisPig

Oh... You should have seen it when the Prazo kicked in. See, part of his issue is that he gets these involuntary spasms in his hind end. He has had them his whole life. (just like his front legs will occasionally shake with to much forward pressure. Almost like he has weak carpals) These spasms basically just make his butt end squelch up. His little 'tail' place will wiggle constantly. The prazo relaxes this and helps him to move the larger pieces. So, when that prazo kicked in today with the lubrication from the SEB.. man oh man! Everywhere he walked or jumped it was just plopping out. :p The excellent thing, though, is that since we have started raw his BMs have barely any smell at all. Seriously. Pig's s*** does not stink.. :woot:

I have thought about a hairball. It is possible, but he is moving poo. Trust me. He had some very big outputs yesterday and then again with the Prazo. To be honest, I am not sure what is wrong. Something is off and I cannot put my finger on it. It could be stress. It could be the AB. It could be the SEB... Ugh. I don't know. His behavior is just off.

p.s. I would like video of this bathroom sprint of Leo's... :p

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  22. LuvinThisPig

Hmm.. I guess it could be..?? I have a few toms that run around the neighborhood. Their smell might be causing a bit of anxiety. But, I am not sure. His behavior is off. It is really weird. I can't put my finger on it. His appetite has literally doubled. Now he is drinking water. And he is suddenly acting different. Not completely different and only at times. But, its an irritation I have never seen before.

I am afraid it might be because there is someone new living here now (to help me with his reductions). He is use to it being just us and now there is a new body here... And that new body is poking his ear. But, he does not seem at all irritated with them. It is like he is looking for something and he can't find it. He thinks that thing is water or food, but neither is fixing it for him. And I have not been able to pin-point it.... :( His numbers are great. He has several large and healthy looking poos. He has peed today. He has ate ravenously today. He did go to the water bowl once today and seems to be in good spirits. He sat in the window and watched the birds all bright eyed and alert. He has groomed. But, he is being off. I just do not know...

23. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, Scoobs (Duma) used to have this too. His front legs would shake when he was sitting down. He was a great cat.

Well, at least Pig is starting to let some of it out. Maybe that was making him anxious. Or the fact that he is getting daily meds.

18.0 units - that is pretty darned good. A far cry from 55/50 that he was getting a couple of months ago. With luck, the trend will continue.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.