? Pig 7/10 amps 243 ? Eye Gunk ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I have been a bit crazed lately. Trying to calm down a little about it. I am sure everyone understands. Its a bit hard when you have a kitty doing so well and then it seems like something changes overnight. Then both went the same route and man... I lost it a bit.

Pig's numbers still worry me a bit. I am not liking being in the yellows again. How likely is it that the tumor is coming back to where it was already @Wendy&Neko? I know we are only a little past 2 months post SRT and that we have already seen an amazing reduction. I also know that everything else going on will cause elevated sugars, but I can't quell that anxious worry about this.

I do think no for sure that there was some sort of bacterial thing going through the house. This morning Pig's eye was shedding that green / yellow mucous instead of the clear watery stuff. I also think that was what likely sent off the panc. It could simply be that any dietary change will set him off if what we are looking at is chronic pancreatitis and so when this all happened the irritation to the gut-wall caused the malabsorption, which spurred his pancreas into over drive. Of course, all of this is best guess scenario until I see labs when he is not acting like this. And again, I am no lab master by any means. This is just what I saw in them.

Now, on a more positive note, yesterday was a really good day. I did give more calories as he is not feeling well and his appetite has not reduced in the slightest, so that is an awesome sign. He actually got up and voluntarily peed 6 times in a 12 hour cycle yesterday, but less so last night and nothing yet this morning. If he is not feeling good, there is no amount of want that will make him get up and go. :rolleyes: However, it does seem the Bethanochol is providing some immediate relief and hope to this situation. Bladders will not beat us!

I am just in the mind to see his numbers go down. I will be emailing his vet to see what she thinks about pancreatitis and, if that is the case, if she can also prescribe us an unlimited supply to Covenia. The awesome thing is that Chewy now has a online pharmacy! Whoop! This will help so much and they are very reasonably priced!

And, on yet another note, Tail has not pooped since the Vet on Friday. *sigh* What are these boys doing? I am getting some psyllium (unflavored benefiber) to add to his regular diet and have started him on 1cc of Lactulose BID. Typically, Lactulose takes a bit to reach the colon, am I correct? So, a start low thing is in order.

Here is to a day full of urination and bowel movement! :p And a celebration of my excrement filled life. Hope all is well in all the bean lands!

2. LuvinThisPig

What to do about eye gunk? What does this say? Is it his body flushing toxins with the Metro? Should I look to lysine powder? He just finished a round of Amoxi AB and is now on Metro. Could that be it?? He seems to be feeling better today and his urination has picked up. The yellow from his "colitis" has not cleared yet. Numbers are still high. I am just curious.

3. LuvinThisPig

I am shopping for Digestive Enzymes. I have two in mind. I personally like the Prozyme because it is nothing but enzymes... But, the ingredients worry me a bit for a sugar cat. Opinions? @LizzieInTexas gave me a great link to some that look really good, but they have everything including probiotics. I am giving these already and wanted to add in the S. Boulardii as well. Is there such a thing as too many probiotics? If not, then I will go with her suggestion.

Prozyme Powder

Dr. GP Feline Digestive Enzymes

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Do you mean Cerenia?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Crap. Yes... Apparently I mix those up. lol. o_O

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Very unlikely. Think years, if at all. It's uncommon.

Glad you sorted out the Cerenia vs. Convenia. The latter you do NOT want.

You could try lysine for the eye gunk. My civvie got eye gunk when he started prednisolone. It's an immunosuppressant and something flared. He was coughing too, but it went away after a couple days of lysine.

Come on down Pig. We want blues.

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I often think that we owners who are in 100% tune with our kittehs, have a better idea of health than the vet. Then the vet can do a diagnosis based on our observations. For example, Leo looks fine at the vet many times. But I know whether he is eating or drinking and how much.

You are still lucky with the good appetite by both kittehs. It is too bad that Tail is also backed up. That is a long time to be backed up for Tail. We have been lucky with our 3 kittehs, as they are mostly regular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.