Pig 7/29 amps 113 ! Another Reduction !

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I am not ignoring anyone, I promise! It is finals week and I am wrapping up the last of these classes and then back to normal for a while! I will respond after I get this last term paper hammered out tonight. I will also elaborate on progress later tonight.

However, for now, Pig has decided it was time to take, yet another, reduction! I am stoked! He hit a 52 today @ +10 (changing up his routine a bit, apparently... :rolleyes:), so down to 10uL we go... I usually give a 50% dose off the last good dose to drain a bit, but he has been climbing a bit higher on those than I would like. So, today I went with a 30% off the new dose amount (10uL), which was slightly higher than 50% off the old...

It is weird to think we will now be making only 1u reductions.. :eek: Or that we might soon be in the single digits for dose... :eek:

His bladder is doing fantastic (so much I am considering NB diapers) and his digestion is working right on point. I am being forced to add a new protein and am praying for no reaction there... I am hoping we can hit the vet for some new BW here in the next few weeks.

Be back when I finish this semester! See ya tonight!

2. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Excellent :)
    Good luck on your finals!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good luck!!!!!!!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Always thinking of you, Pig and Tail. I read the posts, and keep up with Pig's progress and antics.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Congratulations on reducie!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That is really amazing that Pig is down to the 7U-12U range from his high of 59 Units. Remarkable progress for him. We were all hoping for the best, and the best is actually occurring! Theresa likes to hear about Pig all the time. She is also happy that Pig's SRT has worked out so well.:bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Congrats of the reducie!!! Always good news for the rest of us to hear :)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the reducie, and the exams. Woohoo for school being done for a while! :woot:

I see a note about nausea on the SS. When did that start? Some cats can't tolerate green lipped mussels (note spelling :p).

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

This picture made me laugh! I love it! Thank you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I think I did pretty good on finals and finishing out these two classes! Whew for a breather!

11. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! These weeks are always soooo stressful! I appreciate all the good mojos I can get! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. LuvinThisPig

I have missed chatting with you! I hope all is well in your world! It is not cold there, is it? How is your garden fairing? Mike got one going in our backyard and the pumpkins are :eek::eek::eek:. Maybe I was ignorant to the ways of the Great Pumpkin, but my word! They are taking over! Admittedly, you were right. I have not the time to garden... I did manage to get a few transplants to do really well, but neglected my seedlings. I am a baby flower murderer. We now call my front beds the Murder Garden. :p

13. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! I am blown away by his progress thus far! I never even imagined he would respond so well! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. LuvinThisPig

Jeff, I just can't even begin to think how amazing this is! I mean, I was hopeful but never thought he would respond so fast and so well! Just blown away!

Tell Theresa I said HI! :bighug::bighug::bighug: You guys are the bestest kitteh parents!

Speaking of, how are the boys doing today? It was a bit cooler, yes?

JeffJ likes this.
  15. LuvinThisPig

How is Miss Amethyst doing, love? It has been so hectic that I have barely had time to breath, but I have been trying to follow along. Miss chatting with you! Kiss those kitties for me! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! His progress is just astounding! We could not have done any of it without everyone here! I just love this place!

17. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

We didn't get pictures. One of my work friends came over after dinner. Both Leo and Little Dude let him pet them. And Suprise of the Year - Chinus actually came out and was within 10 feet OF A STRANGER!:eek: Ohhhhh how scary.:woot::eek:

Leo's BG is running high today. He is fairly regulated for being so bouncy. The alternate AM/PM dose is working pretty well.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  18. LuvinThisPig

Omg... I am laughing about this for days!!! I get in such a hurry that my fingers just do the work and I don't even pay attention! Now I am going to have to go back and change all of that... Probably spelled it like that on a few of my posts as well! :oops::oops::oops:

I actually started seeing signs of nausea back when we had the mysterious outbreak of colitis. He started going to the water bowl, licking plastic, and trying to eat litter on the floor. He stops that with Cerenia, but I cannot give him Cerenia everyday. Its hard to tell with Pig. Its not like he loses his appetite... :rolleyes: (And thank goodness for that!) But, he does try to find odd things to eat and drink a lot more water. Now, I suspect the water intake could have been because of those kidney values (???) or even the higher numbers, but then we had the plant incident.

Also, his appetite has been insatiable lately. I mean, like disturbingly so. He stalked my bed for over an hour yowling for food just yesterday. A lot is probably because he knows he can get Mom to give in some, but this is pretty intense. His T-4s were supposed to be ran when we did the last BW, but I can't find the values. I know the Acro and Diabetes and IBD will cause excessive hunger simply owing to malabsorption and this could be all it is. It could be a bit of nausea too... As in, he is trying to quell a nauseous tummy. He is running through RadCat like it is nothing, though.
    Thank you! He is just taking them like a champ!

I have about a week break and then back to it. But, I can get a lot done in a weeks time! A lot of sleeping that is! :p

JeffJ likes this.
  19. LuvinThisPig

Oh! I hope she earned a special treat for this one! Those strangers are scary things, for sure!

I can just see them now... "Umm, scuse me... Where are our pets???"

I think he is doing marvelous! I was wondering what you had going with the alternate dosing there, but is seems to be working pretty good!

JeffJ likes this.
  20. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Alternate dosing AM/PM - Leo gets prednisolone in the morning (AMPS -3). It drives up his AMPS BG. Then in the PM, no pred and his BG goes down. It took awhile to get the hang of it. In summary at these lower doses
    AMPS - 3.0 units now
    PMPS - 2.0 units now

We are still hopeful he goes down from 5.0 units/day to 2 or 3 units.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  21. LuvinThisPig

Okay.. Yes, that makes quite a bit of sense. I did not realize his pred was only once a day. ECID and we do what we must. If that is what works then that is what you must do! :) Its a good idea, for sure.

Hopefully he will! That would be amazing to see him reduce even further. I know you mentioned pancreatic diabetes as a cause for the lingering dose, but maybe the SCL contributes some as well. I am learning that if I add anything new to Pig's diet he will respond very strongly... How amazing would it be if Leo dropped to like 3 units a day!?!?!

JeffJ likes this.
  22. Pamela & Amethyst

23. Pamela & Amethyst

24. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

It's definitely not cold here, 98 or 99 today, tomorrow then "cooling down" into the mid 80s middle of the week. It's been in the low 90s for many days, I get up really early, do what I can then melt the rest of the day. The garden is suffering in the heat, I believe. Lots of zucchini blossoms, one squash that is deformed, yellow on the outer end. If I don't get more squashes soon, I am ripping out the plants. The herbs are fine. I think it's great that you are getting pumpkins, you can make pies! You don't look like a baby flower murderer..you just don't have time, that's all. Good luck with finals, and try to rest a bit after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.