Pig 8/04 pmps 223

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

So.... Um, today was interesting.

I tested him at +10 and he was @ 113. I then tested (3 hours later - I have been getting draining migraines the past couple days and they always drain me beyond exhaustion - so I woke up an hour late for shot) at amps and he jumped over 200 points! :eek::eek::eek: Haha... What!? o_O

I mean, that is the most epic bounce I have ever seen from him! He has been pooping really well which rules out constipation. I ran a quick test with the lamb and he never even responded (he is pretty well acclimated at this point). There is no other reason for this other than a massive bounce. Or residual depot is wearing off and now we are finally seeing the full effects.

Only time will tell on this one. I will wait out this dose and see if he recovers this bounce here soon. I am hoping for a bounce and not a needed increase. We will do what ever needs to be done though.

On a better note, he is feeling great! He came to sleep with me again and even rolled on the carpet a bit. He chased Tail and grabbed a mouthful of Coon hair. So, he seems to be doing fantastic other than the numbers.
    It is at times like these that I really begin to doubt whether I am doing the right things with him. I always feel like I am messing something up. These bounces really take their toll on the psyche and it feels like putting together a puzzle with only half the pieces... Either way, we will figure it out.

Great days to all the beans and kittehs! :bighug::cat::bighug:

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

You are so thorough I don't see how you are missing anything. Unexpected high numbers happen, esp for acros. Stop beating yourself up, Pig is in very good hands :bighug:

LuvinThisPig and Chubba (GA) like this.
  3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Bronx’s dad. You have been amazing with Pig. :bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

5. LuvinThisPig

Thank you... Its hard when his numbers are so erratic. I think so much of it is the uncertainty after SRT. The reductions are a good thing, but it waylays getting to steady numbers and for his bladder that is where we need to be... We will get there though, especially with such amazing support! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. LuvinThisPig

Thank you... I think doubting ourselves is just a natural part of the process, even though it really should not be. We all do so amazing with our kitties, but its hard to see when things are running amuck and we are in the thick of it. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

Hey... I was thinking about you and Amethyst the other day. I wonder, have you thought about calling the Dr. that @Amanda & Shmee are using for the pituitary surgery to see if there is anymore donor money left? I know @Bronx's dad was looking into it as well. This might be a good resource for Miss Amethyst.... Just a thought.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, bringing him in for MRI & Echo to see if he is a candidate for the surgery. However, these tests are not covered by donor money and will prob cost me $2-3K. Actual surgery & hospital stay is covered.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. Pamela & Amethyst

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. Pamela & Amethyst

THanks I do not have any funds nor a car for transportation:(

Amanda & Shmee and LuvinThisPig like this.
  11. Pamela & Amethyst

Oh Wonderful:)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  12. LuvinThisPig

Oh! This is exciting! When are you going, exactly? I am anxious to hear the good reports!

13. LuvinThisPig

Oh, love... It's such a struggle. I wish there was a giant well of free kitty money. :(

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  14. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Me too, it's just not fair.

LizzieInTexas and LuvinThisPig like this.
  15. LuvinThisPig

Man... It certainly isn't... :(

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  16. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Pig's numbers are looking good overall, and very good today as well. Continued improvement to 9.0 units. That is just great. Also it is great he is sleeping with you. He is such a good boy.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The most important thing is how Pig feels, and you are doing a great job at keeping that a priority. The numbers will follow. I have heard lots of people say SRT made the numbers unpredictable, but Neko was unpredictable before SRT too. :p Just be an observer. Try to ignore the temporary high numbers. I know, easier said than done. I would hit my head against the wall, then go about my day. High numbers were good for getting out of the house.

BTW, it's just awesome that you are at single digits dose now. 50 units less than the max, or 100 units a day less than 4 months ago, :woot::woot:

18. LuvinThisPig

He really is. It's hard to see those pinks again, but seems a necessary evil with the reductions.

Also, and I thought of you :p, he just took one of the biggest formed poos I have ever seen him have. :eek::eek: .Could be contributing to the higher blues today... :)

How are the boys?? Enjoying the great outdoors??

JeffJ likes this.
  19. LuvinThisPig

It is hard when all these pinks surface, but if I step back and just look at the numbers they make sense. It was a struggle breaking the toxicity the first time and now with all the skips and BCSs it is like we have to do that all over again. I know he will feel so much better when those numbers come trailing behind. I think I am so focused on this for his bladder. I am convinced that is the trick to it.

You know.. There was one day this week where both Mike and I had to be away from the house and I was really worried, but then he showed in typical Pig fashion with a day of yellows. He is such a good boy! :p:p

It really is amazing! I knew that we would see good results, but I never expected THIS good! I think a lot of what is going on today is in response to those greens. Also, his poo was pretty formed, so he may be feeling the effects of that a bit more. I am hoping to break out of this cycle of him feeling better in the blues and yellows. I like him in higher greens, lower blues.

20. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

LizzieInTexas and LuvinThisPig like this.
  21. LuvinThisPig

JeffJ likes this.
  22. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

The daily encouragement from people on this forum has been amazing. Overall if Leo had a chief supporter through his whole ordeal, it would be Wendy. She has helped me and Leo from Day 1. Including the SRT ordeal.

Thanks again Wendy. You have saved Leo's life and it means the world to Theresa and me.

Wendy&Neko and LuvinThisPig like this.
  23. LuvinThisPig

I don't think she even realizes just how much of a hero she really is... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JeffJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.