Pig 8/05 pmps +10 84; amps 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

So, we have a new game. Moms gets into bed and gets comfortable - which is an Olympic sport all its own because I am one of THOSE people - and starts to doze off. Then like clockwork, Pig gets on his stool and then on the counter and then uses those pesky little paws to push things off the counter. Moms gets out of bed and goes to the kitchen, removes said kitteh from the counter and says, "No, Pig. You just ate like an ounce and half thirty minutes ago", in which Pig responds with "mmmm...grrrr.. *insert big sigh* meeeoooowwwwssss" and then a sort of harrumph sound... Moms puts the Pigs down in the bedroom and the Pigs voices his frustration (and rottenness) all the way back into the kitchen where he proceeds to get back on the stool and back on the counter as Moms is getting back in the bed and comfortable and partially dozed off again. Wash and repeat cycle about 1 million times until its 6:00 a.m. and the sun is coming up and Moms finally gives in and feeds the Pigs.

Regardless, he seems to be doing great. I think right now he is struggling to digest the lamb, or rather, its a little longer in the doing. He has had two formidable BMs in the past 24, both of which were quite large, formed, and solid for Pig. Its a good think because that means we are reaching some healing in his GI and I have not seen a bit of nausea in several days. The thing I worry about is what Dr. Fidel said and every other person I have talked to with neurologically compromised kitties like Pig, that sometimes it is better to keep their stools softer. I know he can't have any type of fiber or dry food and he struggles to push out softer poos. I am going to increase his MiraLax for now, but do not want to exceed a teaspoon. If the lamb continues to show him with more dense, solid poos then I will look at adding a single dose of lactulose back into the regime. Just go from there. He isn't constipated, not by any means, but I do think its uncomfortable for him to pass those larger BMs. This could be contributing to the elevated #s, but really, I think those are just bouncy boys.

Finally got my EZ in. I am going to let Pig settle on the RadCat pork and lamb for a bit, see if we can hit some solid blue/green days then maybe work it in. However, poor Tail and his canned food... :rolleyes: I got a sizeable slab of grass-fed, all natural stew meats, so I am going to home-cook up some foods for the Fuzzy Nugget boy. Hopefully he likes it!

Here is to wonderful days for all the kittehs and beans! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. LuvinThisPig

Oh yeah!

I think we are at a good dose. Actually, if he will sit this one for a bit it might prove to be the perfect dose. But, first I have to get these bounces resolved.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Are finals and classes over? When do you get results?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Yes ma'am! I am actually about to start another round tonight. I have not gotten the grades for one class, but know that I passed my Religion final with a 100%, leaving me with a 98.5% for the whole course! Yay!

How are you and Idjit today???

Chubba (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment, especially with all you have on your plate :):bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! It's not so hard... I just pushed a few things off the plate into the floor to make more room... Like a social life.. Haha.. :p. I'm more fond of being at home with my boys anyways, so this works just perfectly for me...

7. LuvinThisPig

Oh.. the stories we tell.

It was Make Pork Treats for Pig Day (just cut up some raw little cutlets) and I was carefully portioning them out... When all of a sudden...

You guessed it. He comes Pig running. Jumps on the stool, swipes out a paw, and steals a whole 10oz slab of pork tenderloin off the counter and makes a dash with it!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

He was very happy for a split second and not so happy when I took it back.. :rolleyes:. Crazy kitty.

Idjit's mom likes this.
  8. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Just a thought, but maybe the stool needs to go. If he uses it to bother you at night, and when you are making treats, I'm thinking it should live in a closet for a while. :cat:

So glad things are going well, and that Pig is going. :p

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

I have tried that! But, if it's not there he just jumps the counter.. :rolleyes:

I can train him to just about anything, but when food or even the idea of food is involved... Well, all bets are off. :p

It's hard because I can never really feed a large, satiating meal at one time. It will stop him up for hours... He eats plenty, though. Probably more than he should. 5-6 oz of raw a day... Just never all at once and maybe he never really feels full..?

And thank you! He's being a bit sluggish today, this lamb is being harder on his digestion..

10. LuvinThisPig

I am pretty happy to see these greens today during the am cycle. This tells me that we are finally resolving some of this stubborn toxicity and he is recovering bounces far faster now. Even as his nadirs are sticking a bit higher that I would like and the outsides of his cycles are certainly higher than I would like, for the time being they are keeping him in a safe range. Also, I feel that as he breaks a bit of his glucose addiction his cycles overall will begin to trend down. A lot of the L motion is being dedicated to pulling down bouncy numbers and not to holding them down. He was always so hard to pull down, but easy to keep down and steady once we made it there. I am hoping to see some of this in the next couple of days. Resolve the bounces and get him into blues/greens so that I can be steady and aggressive, but also keep him safe. Shoot low to stay low... Now, just need Pig to give me a low PS so I can shoot it. :p

Am I on the right track here @Wendy&Neko ? Trying not to be so needy, but post SRT numbers are throwing me a bit.... :confused:

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I kinda missed this thread today. Too bad Pig won't sleep. You probably already tried to feed him before bed time.

In our home it is Little Dude. Jeez he can cry quite loudly at 5am when he needs to go out and pee. We tried multiple times to litter train him. No go. Plus we can't have the litter box in the house. The doglets think those are hershey snacks. Yeah, there's a picture we don't need in our head.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Patience is rewarded. If you feel the need for more green, next time take a 0.5 unit reduction. Just know it may lead to some exciting times with the depot.

I loved my autofeeder. Otto became the source of Neko's attention to produce food, :p

Have you ever read about food energetics for cats? It's TCM thoughts on warm/cool proteins. I saved lamb for a winter meat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.