Pig 8/06 amps 233; +3 346; +4 317; +5 293; +8 276

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, let's play a game of is it a bounce or is it constipation...??

His numbers are up and I am fairly positive that, in this, the lamb is to blame, but in an off sort of way. He has had two of the largest, formed poos that he has ever had in his whole life. He seems to be a bit uncomfortable and I think he is just full of poo. The poo is not hard, but its certainly more solid and dense than he is accustomed too.

For now, I have increased his Lactulose dose from 1cc BID to 1.5cc BID in conjunction with his MiraLax to see if we can soften some of it up.

I was afraid this might be an issue with the gut healing. Its harder for him to pass these formed poos... :( On the other hand, the quality of it tells me that his gut is looking just superb! I got something right! :woot:

I will not post pics (I know what happened the last time... Sorry @Wendy&Neko), but they were pretty impressive.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. LuvinThisPig

No worries. You can catch up on this lovely poo thread. I know how much you enjoy them... :)

I have fed him before bed. It does nothing to calm him. When he has a mind for food, he has a mind for food. Yet, I am still grateful for that.

How are the boys today?

3. LuvinThisPig

I am a little concerned with the autofeeder right now. I know it is likely not the source, but I worry about raw being out for longer periods of time. I keep thinking back to the house hold outbreak of colitis.

TCM..?? I have actually never heard of this. I am in the middle of researching it. I found a few good PDFs about it from some vet clinics (holistic). It could be the lamb.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

If Pig is looking for competition, check Leo's SS - he had an inverted nadir today. That is like getting all 10's on each dive in the Olympics. A new record.

I have a pretty active imagination about what those poops looked like.:eek:

something but I don't know what.JPG

Sonia & Leo and LuvinThisPig like this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Jeff... What the !&*% is that!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: I can promise one thing... If his poos ever look like this then.. Omg. Straight to the emergency vet!

And WOW Leo! Now that is impressive! They need to no be so competitive. Someone should tell them this sugar rush thing is not a sport. :woot:

Sonia & Leo and JeffJ like this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I have no idea what it is. It kinda looked yummy and gross at the same time. Maybe someone was making tapioca and they burned it or something. All I know is I'm not going to eat it.:eek::D

Yeah, Leo keeps us awake on a lot of his cycles. He has been surfing in the blues real well for the past month. Almost like a regulated kitteh. And he has been all purry too. When he is having these weeks of blue cycles I keep telling him
    "these are the good times kid".

We hope the good times last for awhile. I am hoping he stabilizes a bit more at 5.0 units a day and can earn a small decrease next month. Tonight he got his absolute favorite - fajita chicken leftovers from Taco Cabana.:bighug:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  7. LuvinThisPig

It is so awesome to hear he is doing so well! You do a really good job with him and they are the good times. He is one lucky kitteh! And man... Now I am hungry. Not for whatever was in that pic you posted, but some fajita chicken!

JeffJ likes this.
  8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I work from home. Many times long hours. I usually go out for cheap lunch just to get out. Taco Cabana is actually one of my favorite places.

Good to see that Pig is doing pretty good this month. He is lucky too. He has come down a lot faster in insulin demand than Leo did. It really is a great result.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

TCM = traditional Chinese medicine. My vet has eastern training as well as western.

Come down Pig!

JeffJ and LuvinThisPig like this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

Well, I decided to make chicken fajitas for dinner... lol

And I could not agree more. He is a very lucky boy. Very blessed and such a trooper. I never expected such amazing results so fast. It really has blown my mind.

JeffJ likes this.
  11. LuvinThisPig

I like this idea a lot. There is a lot to be said about some of these ancient remedies. My father manages his diverticulitis and tricky GI with many of these things.

I hope he does. He has had two large, solid, formed poos and two dense, heavy, looser stools just since about 1:00 pm today. That is in 12 hours. That had to be uncomfortable.

12. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I wonder if CBD oil/capsules would help him relax?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  13. LuvinThisPig

You know, at one point I had thought about trying CBD. But, now he is already on the Acepromazine for urethral spasms and that's a sedative all it's own. Granted, he is at a pretty low dose and I have not seen anysigns of sedation. Now, one thing that may be occurring, a lot of sedatives like this will tend to act in the opposite direction for a cat or even remove some inhibitions. It might be that the Ace is giving him to courage to be more forward about what he wants.

The good thing, though, I have not seen any aggression towards beans or Tail. Just a lot of huffing and puffing on his part when I move him from the counter.

14. LuvinThisPig

Sorry for the sloppy post .. It's hard doing this from a phone. ;)

15. LuvinThisPig

It was the poop. We saw green immediately afterwards... In the pm cycle. He is doing great with the Lactulose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.