Pig 8/28 pmps +11 189; amps 289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Aug 28, 2018.

1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

He is very quick to hit the trampoline now... ugh :banghead:

That's okay. He worked a totally blue cycle last night and that makes me very happy. I upped his dose to 7uL today, hoping that will bring him down into a good nadir range.

There isn't anything new to report, really. Despite the higher glucose he still seems to be feeling fine and he certainly isn't loosing any weight. :p

I am anxious to see what Friday brings us. It will be good to know exactly what we are working with.

MyTitan (GA), JeffJ and LizzieInTexas like this.
  2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

From 59 to 7, amazing Pig!!!

MyTitan (GA) and LuvinThisPig like this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see the blues back in Pig's chart. As Paul said, that is an amazing progression down to 7 units in a very short period of time.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed for green soon.

Over 100 units less insulin per day! :cool: Quite the cost savings. Paying back that SRT, each day.

5. LuvinThisPig

It is quite amazing! To be honest, I never expected such extreme results and so fast! I am hoping that over the course of the next 1-2 years we see him OTJ. Now that would be miraculous!

Have you given any thought to WSU? It would be about the same cost as the tests for NYC and the donor gifted surgery.

6. LuvinThisPig

It really is Jeff. I think I rushed the decrease from 7u to 6u. He needs more time at a dose. I know that. The rapid reductions worked me into a tizzy. Well, that and no sleep. :p

7. LuvinThisPig

Agreed! I can't wait to see that green.

I just keep thinking how much better for his body it has to be. I mean, 59u of anything shot into such a comparatively small body can't be good.

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I never thought about flying Bronx across the country. He does travel fine in a car, maybe I should consider it. Do they do a CT scan the same time as the procedure or did Pig have to be put under twice?

LuvinThisPig and JeffJ like this.
  9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

At CSU, the scan preceded the SRT by one day.
    - They had to do the scan with the kitteh fixed in an unmoveable bite mold.
    - Then they developed 2 or 3 SRT protocols.
    - Then the senior professor/researcher reviewed, and approved one.

After that the SRT occurred. There is a summary in the middle of Leo's thread - link here.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

11. LuvinThisPig

No. They are done on separate days. The CT Scan on intake (Day #1) and then the single sitting 15,000 gamma on day two.

Its an option. I had a whole slew of other tests ran and it never topped $2,000.