Zeke - 9/24 - Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Prior Post

Haven't posted in a few so thought would do an update. I don't always post, but I am always reading here. :)

Even though the last dose increase to 2.5u was a fail, we went ahead and are giving it another try now that we are using calipers for measuring the dose. With the calipers, we did learn we were actually giving more then we thought we were. Turns out that 2.5u dose actually measures as just over 2.75u on most of the relion syringes, which is why I am now listing the 2.75u on his dose so that way from here on out it is listed accurately.

Hopefully now that his dosing is going to be as accurate as possible, he will start to level out. Either tuesday or wednesday will be the next day we try an increase.

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

hello.png
    Hope the calipers help out:)

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  3. Meridith and Zeke

I think they will. The first hurdle was getting past the amounts not being at the same spot on the printed measurements lol.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Meredith and Zeke.:)
    Yup, that was huge for me too. Then I found the BD syringes I use were rather loose in their interpretation of where the zero line should be. :rolleyes: What's 1/3 of a unit difference between friends. :mad: Calipers are great. I found dose consistency helped too.

Good luck getting back to greens.

5. Meridith and Zeke

The Relion syringes are really loose on that location lol. Between lopsided printing and zero lines being so off, it is amazing that we were getting any bit of patterns showing!

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Meridith! I have got to say that my box of Relion's I'm using now are the best ever. So far, the 1 unit line is exactly accurate. It's been crazy accurate. Now that I say that, I will probably get a bunch way off but, who cares? As long as we have calipers. :p

7. Meridith and Zeke

Yep, using calipers, won't have to worry about if the dosing is correct now. :)

8. Meridith and Zeke

To get an idea of how the fatboy is running on his bg, did a test on him tonight. Was at an hour after their meal and he was sitting at 67. Don't think I gotta worry about fatboy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.