? 12/10/20 Chicamonkey AMPS 153 /+3 214/+6 177/+10 286/PMPS 517/+2 489/+4 420

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzi and Chicamonkey, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

If you can monitor, shoot the full dose. You can stay with 1 unit. See how she does today and then decide on the increase.

3. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Today she’s due for an increase on TR. do I increase? She’s currently on 1.0 lantus. Should I bump up to 1.25 or hold at 1
    I will be away from home 3 hours today

4. Bandit's Mom

When will you be away? How many hours after AMPS?

5. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Right at mid cycle 3-6 hour point but home by 11:30.
    My hubby is here but he is handicapped... armed with food but he couldn’t get to her in an emergency.
    Tomorrow I’m home all day

6. Bandit's Mom

I would say shoot the whole 1 unit. Test at +2.5 or +3 and feed accordingly.

Gill & George likes this.
  7. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Ok thank you

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Get at +1 and +2. :)

She might bounce from here because she's unused to mid- blues. A +2 will clarify that.

And your numbers for last night's cycle are in the row for today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Suzi and Chicamonkey

What is GA?

10. Bandit's Mom

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like you and Bhooma have a good handle on the action this morning! Sometimes these kitties just take their sweet time coming down from those higher numbers - let's hope this blue is the beginning of a beautiful relationship with some lower numbers - but like Bhooma mentioned, she may have a few blues and the bounce right back up to those higher numbers because this is an unusual event for her and her body is going to react to what it perceives as a highly irregular event - a nice low number! And when that happens her liver is going to dump a load of stored sugars into her blood stream...so guess what you'll see? Yep, high numbers...and then the bounce will clear and those numbers hopefully will come down with help from the increased amount of insulin...as with all things kitty - only time will tell.

Have a great day Suzi!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Did you shoot 1 or 1.25,?
    SS says 1.25?

If you had been staying home it would have been ok to shoot the 1.25 without worrying.

The lower amps with respect to the last reading last night might have suggested she was clearing a bounce. I can't remember your schedule, getting a +11 and then the PS is really useful when you are faced with these lower PS especially if you are going to be heading out.
    It tells you if the numbers are trending up, down or flat, and that can be a good indicator of how the cycle is likely to pan out.

As an example, if +11 today had been 125, and you saw a PS rising of 163, you would have known she was on her way up, and you could have shot the dose increase.
    On the otherhand if the +11 was 220 and +amps 163, that's a number that's dropping, possibly starting to clear a bounce so you might we towards holding the increase off for one more cycle.

If the numbers were flat, so +11 178 and amps 163, you might have held the doseif you were heading out but perhaps you could have opted for an increase if you were staying in to monitor.

With the food bump at +1, she might be starting a bounce, we'll see what she has planned for onset.

I would take the increase tonight if you haven't already(unless the numbers indicate otherwise this morning). That will give you 3 full cycles this see what the new dose can do.

13. Bandit's Mom

@Gill & George , I think Suzi went ahead and took the increase to 1.25. And Chicamonkey is bouncing!

14. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

That's what it seems like from the SS, I just thought she was going to shoot 1u as you suggested.
    Either way it's OK, since she does indeed seem to be starting to bounce.

15. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Thank you so much! I was only gone for two hours and able to test. I did give 1.25. She did well all day until the very end of the cycle, numbers up again.

Gill & George likes this.
  16. Suzi and Chicamonkey

I’m trying to get used to terminology differences. For example here when you say hold dose it means stay at the same dose .
    In nursing hold dose means don’t give it.

17. Bandit's Mom

Yes. Hold the dose means stay at the same dose - don't increase or decrease :)

18. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Is there any easy way to add yesterday’s post to today’s?
    Now, I go to the old thread copy the link and parts it into today’s....

19. Bandit's Mom