12/29 Ming PMPS = 270

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-27-ming-11-40-pmps-65-1-52-2-67-3-5-27-3-75-63.223496/

Low night for Ming last night!!!! We're draining the depot this morning. I just took off a unit since his bounce is up in the yellows.

I hope the half unit reduction holds :D

Thanks for answering my question, Wendy! I know we should feed under 40s, would you recommend that for Ming too when/if he throws low numbers just before shot time? Yesterday he was just at 40 and it was my mom checking. I'm trying to come up with a series of actions she can take when I'm at work and can't answer her texts.

On 12/26 (just before 12/27 AMPS), I didn't feed the 43 and waited half an hour and he came up so I was confident shooting. I guess I thought he was doing something similar last night but lol... :rolleyes:

2. Crista & Ming

Answering a post from 12/23 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/12-23-ming-pmps-94.223330/
    He went even lower last night! :eek: My sister and I semi-joked again about which ER we would take him to if it became really dangerous and it's going to be the ER that she works at.

Loved the video!! Chinus looks so sweet and I love watching out kitties explore the great outdoors (so many smells!). Thanks for sharing :bighug:

JeffJ likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have always been impressed with the ER vets there. Glad you didn’t end up there.
    If you see a 40’s that late, try not feeding first, and test 15-20 minutes later to see if he’s rising. If not, try LC first as it should be close to time for the insulin to start fading. Note for any lurkers, this is a Lev and Ming and his team thing. More details are in the Sticky Note on TR: becoming data ready to shoot/handle lower preshots.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Crista! That was some kind of night, huh? WOW!

Glad he's back up from that...and hope he settles down soon...looks a little bouncie today.

Have a great evening Crista!

5. Crista & Ming

PMPS = 270

Thanks Wendy. I’ll pass along that protocol to the rest of Team Ming :joyful:

Thanks Sue! I personally felt like I didn’t test as often as I should’ve given his low numbers and took too many risks :eek: But in the end, he was safe. So I got lucky this time

Hope you and Luci have a good weekend as well

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got to him in time, and good you were testing hourly.