? 6/15 Roxy AMPS: 275, +2: 290, +4: 275,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy & Deb, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Just checking in. Going to try and take regular readings today and tomorrow.

2. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

3. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

So I really can't detect any kind of curve at all today, is that normal and is there any point in continuing if it's not really going down - or up? Maybe her insulin just too low currently to see much of an affect?

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, she is flat and high because she's not getting any insulin. My suggestion would be to get the 30 unit syringes available locally (without the half unit markings) and try to eyeball the 1.25U.

@Wendy&Neko Do you think she can increase by 0.5U to 1.5U considering her nadir are largely between 250 and 300? Easier to eyeball!

Link to your previous post:
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-14-roxy-amps-315-5-295.248587/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  5. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Thanks Bhooma. Pretty scary! I can't believe no one here does the half unit marked syringes! I would love to know what everyone else does!

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get them in India either. I get them shipped from the US.

7. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

I checked my order from the UK place and it has been shipped, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long now.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is a post on getting diabetic supplies in Australia: Information for Aussie Feline Diabetic Caregivers
    No, a 1 unit jump is way too much. If you want to go to 0.75 units, there are a couple ways to do that. First, there is a paper ruler if you are using the BD Ultrafine. Second, load a syringe with coloured liquid. Slowly twist the plunger to squeeze out a drop. Practice getting even size drops. Then count the number of drops in 1.0 units. Load your syringe with one unit, and express 1/4 of them to get 0.75 units. I've also seen some people do that just once, then take a photo with their phone so they can compare with that next time.

9. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member