? 6/16 Roxy AMPS: 288 Any more Aussies on here?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy & Deb, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-15-roxy-amps-275-2-290-4-275.248617/

Roxy has been pretty constant over the past 2-3 days hovering around the high 200s. Hoping my syringes arrive soon so we can start giving her a larger dose. Question is do we go 1.25 or 1.5? When is another time to try and find her nadir - I have checked at several different hours PS and there doesn't seem to be one.. ? :(

Thanks for the help, I would love to get to know other Aussies in same boat as us.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry Wendy, that was a typo. I meant 1U to 1.5U. A 0.5U increase since her numbers are around 300.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I thought it was a typo. Yellow nadirs mean a 0.25 unit increase. You can still use the same method I described to load the syringe to 2.0 units and remove 3/4 of the drops that are in 1 unit. Then take a pic of it on the phone or save the syringe with the coloured liquid in it with how you measure 1.25 units, and compare it with that. Remember, it's not so important that you are smack on 1.25 units, but that you are consistent from shot to shot at close to 1.25 units.

The other option is to use digital calipers to measure the dose. Dosing with calipers

Bandit's Mom likes this.