11/23 Tina AMBG 70 +3 57 OTJ Trial Day 1

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning and happy Caturday!

It's day one, but the second skipped shot. The first test this morning read 48, but I didn't buy it, so retested and got 70. I think I'll test again at +3 or +4 to soothe myself!

I did something silly and bought myself a present (cost less than 2 bottles of AT test strips) to celebrate the last 4 1/2 months of FD kitty life. To celebrate this special cat who was so far down, but has come back to a good place. Her weight is perfect (11 lbs, 11oz), and her fur is very soft again. If she needs insulin again, ok, but for now we need to breathe deeply and see what happens!

Have an excellent day, and for those who are ill - take really good care of yourselves. Last night I heard on the news the flu is worse around here and hitting earlier than normal, than in the last ten years. I'm sure glad our kitties can't catch things from us. :):cat:

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

You have this Tina!!! WTG!!!! Happy day 1 OTJ!!!:D:D:D:smuggrin::joyful: Think green!!!!!! We're rooting for ya!!!! Woohooo!!!!:woot::woot:

4. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Woo! Good luck on day 1!

5. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Come on Tina, show everyone how it's done!

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Ok, 57 - whew. She went down after eating! I think I'll wait now, like I should, until PMBG:rolleyes:

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

8. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Exciting Exciting Exciting Time....... You must be so anxious waiting for the BG#'s to appear when testing.

She is doing well so take deep breaths and think positive thoughts.....Green:D Green:D Green:D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Happy day one!!!! Like Debra said, it must be incredibly nerve wracking waiting for that number to pop up in the meter! Hard not to test all the time too!
    Go Tina! You got this!

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Self presents are always good. One for each day for the trial?

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy day 1 for Tina ! :D
    Don't stress too much, she'll get there.. and the present is a very good idea ... :bighug:

12. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Yippee!!!! Enjoy your new freedom :kiss:

13. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Whooooo hoooooo gooooo Tina
    Have a great day Jan

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I like Kel’s idea, one present for each day of the trial. Or at least throw the cost of strips saved that day into a jar and treat yourself when the trial is done. That might help encourage you to hold off on the middle of the cycle tests. ;) Typically, getting the bean to limit themselves to two tests a day is one of the hardest parts of the trial.

Go Tina!

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1! :D

17. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Ok, now this really cracks me up! After thinking about what I said initially, that sounded a little selfish maybe, but Kendra Scott keeps sending me ads, and they are so close-by. I was thinking of all the money I'll potentially save on test strips! I bought a ring that's just plain fun - glass and sparkly! No, I won't be buying myself a present every day:p:smuggrin:

Bellasmom likes this.
  18. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Thanks Wendy - I just knew I wasn't to be testing, but those two initial tests this morning (48 then 70) gave me a valid, haha, excuse;)
    I won't do it anymore!
    Test strip money jar . . . yes:)

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

FYI, we have had cats test in the 40’s on a trial. Perfectly normal for a cat not on insulin. Just no margin for error for a cat on insulin, hence reducing if kitty sees 40’s.

20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh darn! That sounds like FUN! I love sparkly jewelry...and I think that's a great idea! I think I'm going to ask DH for a real one - sparkly and a carat for every year that Luci is on the juice - don't ya think that's a great idea!!! After all I'm working my butt off keeping Miss Luci in the finest of FD care - LOL!!:p:D:D:joyful:

And congrats on DAY 1 of the trial!!! So EXCITING!!! :D

21. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If not a present each day, some form of chocolate works for me. But then I do that anyway.

22. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Tina is off to a great start on her OTJ trial. Good job Jan.

23. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

24. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator