7/20 China AMPS 97,+3 60,+6 67, PMPS 96,+4 80,+6.5 59

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

7/17 condo

TGIF everybody!!

China's still being a good kitty and showing up for work every day at the Lagoon to keep her eyes on the kitties!!

Good thing she's so predictable! Looks like her mama's going to be busier than usual over the next week or two (yes....have to add more traveling to my already stupid schedule!)

Been concerned over the last 6 weeks or so because my ankles have been swelling badly and over the last couple of weeks, the swelling in my legs has also increased, so finally found some time to get to the doctor today. She thinks I'm in heart failure so has ordered an echo, started me on 40mg of Lasix and 10mcg of Potassium.….I went ahead and started the Lasix tonight since my legs are so swollen they're painful and man, does that stuff work fast!!

Good thing it's only supposed to work for 6 hours!!….but it's going to be a busy night!!

What drives me craziest is that I recently quit smoking because I was getting concerned about my health and now my heart doesn't want to work right!

This getting old sure ain't for wimps!!!

Jill & Alex (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh no! That sucks! I hope the doc can find some answers and the meds work for you long-term. Goodness though, I am so glad you went to see the doctor!

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

You have my complete sympathy on the painful leg swelling. I have a blood disorder (2 actually) that causes blood clots. I had a bad clot in my groin area about 5 years ago and am now on blood thinners for life but the clot left scaring in the vein which inhibits blood flow and causes my leg to swell and it aches all the time. I have had several vein ablations but they didn't help.

Please keep us posted on when the echo is and how it is going with the meds :bighug:

Ms. China girl looks marvelous as usual :D

Beth 73 likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers that the echo proves the doc wrong :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug:

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for healing , Chris :bighug: No heart problems allowed for you !!! Please keep us posted ❤️

7. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Silly girl! Quitting smoking must've been hard work and you'd need to do it now anyway, so be glad the hardest part is over. And quitting means you'll be aging backwards for awhile; paws crossed for much improvement ASAP. Around here, it sure seems like you've got a really good heart.

So glad China knows how to help you not fret too much about her.

:bighug:

8. Beth 73

Oh Lizzie , you are one tough lady :bighug: Sending prayers of healing and blessings to you as well ❤️

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Chris, I am so sorry that you got that DX but the good news is that you acted fast and got to the doc and got on Lasix and you quit smoking to improve your heath! Kudos to you dear woman. China needs a healthy momma because sometimes she does silly stuff like swimming with the sharks and needs you to be on the top of your game. ;)

Keep up the good work with no smoking and taking good care of yourself. :)

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Me too!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

What ! :eek: You can't just post that like you've just had a bowl of fruity cornflakes & mistook a dead fly for a raisin or summat.

Well let's hope the echo shows otherwise. Meanwhile tiz a cotton wool blanky for you and steady as you go . China and you need each other .

12. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

:nailbiting: Heck. <--- I mean a different S word really. You're one tough girl. Well I just hope some new thing is found to take away your aches. You and Giz deserve better.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Chris}}}

Like you needed a new health issue to deal with! :rolleyes: I'm glad you got it diagnosed so you could start treatment, and also glad you had already gotten through the tough part of quitting smoking.

Nurse China, you need to be as vigilant at this job as you are at your LagoonMeisterin post. Mama needs you as much as you need her!

Please keep us posted on how you're doing, Chris. Many here owe you a debt of gratitude for years of help and support and would love to somehow repay it. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Beth 73

AMEN , Tricia !!! Chris was with me all night long when Elmo experienced a hypo in the beginning of his FD diagnosis . If not for you , dear Chris, he may not have made it cos I was clueless ! FOREVER in your debt ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

15. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

All 4 of my parents (biological and step) had complications from smoking and drinking, causing early demises. Not good combos. I hope you continue to stay off nicotine. My mom had a cigarette 20 minutes before she died. The lung cancer doctor said "You may as well continue to smoke if you enjoy it, since this cancer will be it."

That leg swelling sounds real bad. It does indeed suck to get old. I used to play tennis everyday, and now I have a bad knee. Why can't we be 21 years old again? I want a replay!:D

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  16. Beth 73

And don’t forget , Chris, I’m just an hour south of you if you’d need anything !! Totally serious :bighug:

17. JeanW

JeanW Member

I'm so sorry to read about your diagnosis. Congratulations on quitting smoking. That is really so awesome!

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Chris & China (GA)

Really!!...Heck, I'd settle for somewhere in the 25-30 range!!

19. Chris & China (GA)

Amen to that!! I don't know what I did to deserve such success with her, but I sure wish I could share it with everybody here!!

20. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Like Bette Davis once said, aging is not for sissies.

Sending healing vines your way :cool:

9A1EC197-96AF-47C2-BC17-1C6B4883313E.jpeg

21. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sending tons of healing vines your way. I hope they can provide you with the meds you need to keep you strong.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Heaps of healing energies on their way to you Chris. You are a precious person, take very good care of yourself please.

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thinking of you Chris. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Vines for a speedy diagnosis and successful treatment.

Keep on being good China.

24. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to read of your diagnosis and very painful legs.
    Lasix works wonders but will keep you on your toes for a few hours after each dose:eek:
    Here's hoping the echo will provide some info which can be easily remedied with meds.
    It sure sucks when our heads/minds are 21 but our bodies are betraying us.
    :bighug::bighug:

25. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Sending prayes for you too Lizzie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  26. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending tons of healing vines and these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: to you Chris!

Happy to see that China continues to do so well!

27. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you Chris!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.