GA Merlin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Merlin, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Hello dear friends. I just wanted to let you know that Merlin has crossed over. When I got up this morning to test he was having problems walking and was in pain. It was obvious that he was having severe internal pain. Just to make sure I tested him and he was at 204. We got to the emergency vet shortly after and decided to pts.

My daughter got Merlin when he was two years old from the Phoenix Humane Society. Apparently, someone dropped him off in their parking lot and he was found waiting at the front door to get in. He was in the humane society for at least a month, maybe longer. He was a pretty shy, not a very affectionate cat at first. He was the only cat in our household for quite a while and quickly became a very huggable, lovable kitty. Eventually, he got two sisters and one brother in which he was the king of the house even up to his last day.

He was diagnosed with diabetes 26 months ago along with a Stage 3 CKD diagnosis. He has never put up a fuss with all the testing and shots that he received. Fortunately, he never really got sick where we couldn't handle at home. He also never had any complications from either diabetes or CKD. It was only in the last couple of months where I noticed that he started to lose weight, sleeping more and his phosphorous level was high even while taking phosphorous binders.

We didn't perform any tests or examination this morning as I did not want to put him through any discomfort or chance of him not being at home or with me so I don't really know the cause of his pain. He died very peacefully in my lap. I took him home to be buried by my other daughter's dog, Audi under a mesquite tree. As I walked into the house, all the outside bells were chiming. Merlin was 19 years old, two months and one day old. I miss you already. Love, Cindi.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Cindi, I am so sorry. When I saw your post, my heart stopped. I can barely type this as I am so sad for you. Peace~

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Cindi. I am so sorry that you have lost your dear heart, your sweet Merlin. I know you know that it was only because of the extraordinary care you have given him that he lived to 19 with FD and CKD. What an loving wonderful home he got after being left in a parking lot! Imagine how thrilled he was to have delicious food to eat, a warm place to sleep and above all else, the best mom he could ask for.

I know your heart is breaking. The tears are falling as I write this. Many big hugs across the miles, my friend. I am so sorry.

Critter Mom and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

My tears too Cindi - what a great loving Mom you were to this wonderful, special magical guy
    All of my sympathy to you

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Cindi, peace and comfort to you and all of your household. Even from far away and never having met, we join in your grief today and send you love and hugs!

6. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Cindi, I am so sorry. It's so hard to lose our babies, they become such a part of us. Hugs to you and your daughter. Fly free sweet Merlin:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Cindi, I'm SO sorry it was Merlin's time to cross....BIG HUGE loooooooooong hug. Remember, he's not gone, you just have to hug him differently.

Soar high sweet boy on your new angel wings...landing softly back in your family's broken hearts.

8. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prays at this difficult time.

9. Mancat

Mancat Member

Sending tons of love your way.

10. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

(((HUGS))) sent at this sad time. Merlin had a wonderful, loving home for 17 years and it was with the same love that you gave him for all those years that allowed him to cross the bridge when his little body could not take anymore. Hold all your special memories close to give you strength and peace. Merlin is now free from pain and will remain always in that special part of your heart.

:bighug: :bighug:

11. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Merlin.
    {{hugs}}

12. Barri & Sonny

Barri & Sonny Member

Prayers and big hugs sent your way. So very sorry...but find comfort on knowing that you took excellent care of him!!:bighug:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

Critter Mom likes this.
  13. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Oh ((Cindi)), I'm so sorry to hear about Merlin. He was a special cat and you were lucky to have each other for 17 years. Hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Fly free, sweet Merlin.

14. Likameow

Likameow Member

I'm so sorry, Cindi. Merlin was blessed to have found you for a guardian and you fulfilled your role beautifully until the end. Hoping that your memories will soon give you smiles instead of tears.

15. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh Cindi. I am so so sorry. I know you were the best mama bean that Merlin could have. You took such wonderful care of him, and he was so lucky to have you. Fly free, sweet Merlin!

I'm crying with you...I know how much you miss him. Sending you tons of hugs! Let me know if you need an ear, my friend.

16. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Cindi, I am so sorry to hear about Merlin. Thank you for sharing such a loving tribute to your dear boy. He could not have been more blessed than to share so many years with such a loving and caring mom.

((Cindi and Spirit Merlin))

:bighug:

17. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

Oh, Cindi - My heart hurts so for you and your family! That sweet Merlin lived for so many years is a glowing testament to your commitment, tender care and deep love for this very special boy. The story you shared with us about him is so beautiful! Thank you for that.

Your many friends here are shedding tears for you this day and night ... and I'm one of them. Many, many hugs and loving thoughts are being sent your way right now.
    Fly free, dear Merlin.cat_wings>o

18. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

Oh Cindi, my heart is broken for you, I just saw the post from Sue, I am so sorry for your loss. Seems sadder right at Christmas too. Merlin was a special guy and he had a special mom. Thank you for sharing your story, take care and know you are in our thoughts and hearts. cat_wings>o

19. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Cindi, so sorry for your loss. Merlin certainly had a long life. Be free Merlin.

20. Georgie

Georgie Member

So sorry for your loss. I'm impressed with the 19 years! How awesome of a little guy. My condolences to you.

21. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Cindi - wondering how you are doing today - all of our hearts are so saddened about Merlin - magical Merlin!!
    sending massive hugs to you today and for however long you need them :bighug:

22. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for your beautiful writings. I will always cherish your thoughts and for some reason, I felt that you all knew Merlin just as well as I did. In fact, that is what I feel about all your kitties too, in other words, I feel like I know them and they are a big part of our family too. I have company at my house for the holidays and they will be leaving soon. Even with all the activity, the house just doesn't seem to be the same without Merlin. The other three cats have all been very subdued and quiet which is so unlike them.

Anyway, most importantly, I clearly forgot to mention in my original announcement the very deep appreciation that I have for all of you. I am so thankful of all the assistance that I have received from my friends here and if it wasn't for all of you, Merlin would have not lived another two years after his diagnosis. I give 100% of the dedication and commitment from this group here for his good health. Thank you.

23. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

R.I.P Merlin. Fly free little one.cat_wings>oSend your Momma a sign from the Bridge:rb_icon: for you are so loved and always will be.
    :bighug::bighug:Cindi

24. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Cindi - you've done so much for all of us - I just wish we could do more for you now
    Know that we are thinking of you and sharing your pain of losing Merlin
    tons of hugs to you

25. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Cindi, I'm so sorry for your loss of Merlin. He was an amazing kitty and you are an amazing kitty mom. I just want you to know that I'm sharing your sorrow, sending you hugs, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You have such good memories of handsome Merlin. May they always be with you.
    IMG_0580.JPG

26. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

(((Cindi)))...
    I am profoundly sorry that you have lost your beautiful Merlin...
    You are a truly phenomenal cat mom, Cindi. And you gave Merlin a wonderful life.

I've always loved seeing Merlin's picture: Such a wise and gentle little face...

Take very good care of yourself, dear Cindi.
    Fly free sweet spirit Merlin.
    All of us here will be holding you both in our hearts.

With love,

Eliz x

27. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss of Merlin cat_wings>o

28. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Cindi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my heart hurts for you and Merlin. Treasure your memories of him and hold them close, and he will live forever in your heart. {{{Hugs}}}

Fly free, beloved Merlin cat_wings>o

29. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear Merlin has crossed over and is at the bridge.
    Sending my deepest condolences on your loss
    Fly free Merlincat_wings>o

30. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

We are so sorry for your loss. Wow Merlin lived a long, full life! RIP kind sir. cat_wings>o

31. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

((((Cindi)))), I'm so terribly sad to read about Merlin's crossing. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. What a very special, regal boy he was. Merlin, please send a sign to your family to let them know you've arrived safely at the Bridge.

32. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

Cindi, I just saw this. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending hugs.

33. Sushi The Cat

Sushi The Cat Member

I am so very sorry, Cindi... :(

Sending lots of Love,
    Sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.