12/6 Remembering Neko - one year later

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since my sweet Neko went to the Bridge. I finally got my act together and put together a tribute and video to honour her. Quite a few of you didn't get to know her, and I hope this gives you a glimpse into who my sweet girl was.

There were a ton of tears the first time I played it. I miss my girl so much. We both miss her. A month ago DH was filling in an application for a store card, and one of the security questions was “favourite pet”. Of course he answered” Neko”, even though she has not been our only fur kid. She taught us so much, especially me. More than I ever wanted to know about diabetes and high dose conditions, then arthritis, kidney disease, heart disease, lymphoma… But also about the love between a bean and a cat. We developed such a close bond, through all our adventures.[​IMG]

Neko came to our house when she was 11 months old. She had been at the SPCA twice already, first time as a stray, second time when family had an allergic child. It was time she had a forever home, so she came home to us. We were looking for a lap cat and Neko delivered in spades. For those who don’t know, Neko means cat in Japanese, and there was a rock singer in town at the time called Neko Case.

In spite of her last 5 years with diabetes/acromegaly, I really want to remember the younger healthier Neko. She loved boxes and bags, and when asked, I always got paper bags to bring home new toys. Neko liked to greet me after my shower, lying on the bath mat, then licking my legs. She loved showing off her tummy and asked to have it rubbed.

She loved to chase brown moths and many summer evenings she’d be dancing and leaping on the lawn. I hated having to bring her in, but we had a no out after dark rule. She would “hide” under the ferns or under bushes, but I knew where to look. She enjoyed watching hummingbirds, and even caught a few. But gently, I would pick her up and she would let it go, and it would zoom off. She walked the top of our fence, but mostly stuck to our yard. Except when she would visit her girl cat pal next door.

As we near Christmas, I remember how much Neko loved the tree. She would sleep under the tree on the quilted tree skirt. I couldn’t leave presents with ribbon under there, or she’d eat the ribbon. We had to put the breakable ornaments out of her reach. I still remember one year when she was still fairly young. It was the 30th of December and I was on a phone call after midnight, trying to finish a contract due next day that was part of a multi million dollar deal for our company. On the phone were two lawyers, the president of another company, our mergers/acquisitions person and me as technical support. That night, around 2AM, Neko decided I needed to start paying attention to her instead. So of course she headed for the Christmas tree to start playing “bat the ornament”! Let’s just say I lost my “professional” voice. :p

Neko was a great snuggler. One of the few cats I’ve had that was OK with being held in my arms. When she was young, if I leaned down she would jump on my back for a ride. She was a clever girl. She quickly discovered the bookshelf in DH’s downstairs office that had a heat vent above it. She spent hours there with him in the winter. I couldn’t do hand sewing or quilting without a helping paw. Neko was also very empathetic. She knew when I was sad and needed a cuddle. She could tell, even from another room in the house. It’s been a hard year without her to comfort me.

For those who followed her adventures here, you learned how much she loved our solarium. Her outdoor time was limited after FD, but the solarium was still like being outside. She shared it with civie Theo, who adored her. The feeling was not mutual, but she tolerated him. He too is in the video as he shadowed her everywhere. Even to the Bridge less than 6 months later.:(

We went through a lot in the 5 years with FD, probably at least 5.5 years with acromegaly, as I learned later from symptoms. Neko learned to tolerate car travel and came with us on a few trips, including the big time adventures to Colorado State University. I learned a lot about caring for a cat, more so than I’ve ever had to do before. Neko was a great teacher.

But I couldn’t have done what I did without FDMB. A shout out to a few special members, who helped and encouraged me. @Marje and Gracie and @Sienne and Gabby (GA) were always there encouraging me to keep on increasing in spite of Neko being on higher doses than other cats here at the time. @julie & punkin (ga) was the only other one here at the time with an acrocat. Her support saved me as I kept wondering what was different about my cat and how could I “fix” her. Julie knew so much about acromegaly and encouraged me through our SRT journey. There were other members here who helped keep me sane in the early days, some times just dropping in to say hello, or provide a laugh, or teaching me that it was possible to have a life and care for an FD cat too. @Michelle and Mannie (GA) , @Anne & Zener GA (and Liz), Celia/Binksy, Serryn, @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA). Neko got to meet a few peeps here, Anne and Liz, Julie, Mariko.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my girl. A word about the music in this video – it’s What I Wouldn’t Do by Serena Ryder. Besides it being true that I would have and did everything I could for my girl, it was one of two songs on my play list on my way back to the hotel after dropping Neko off for SRT at CSU the second time. The first day at CSU for her CT scan she’d had a heart block during anesthesia – so there was a real risk that day. I was terrified and on my own. The second song I heard was by Neko Case, and I took that as my sign I would see her again the end of the day.

Neko's last post Miss you my love. Until we meet again.

2. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Omgosh I could barely watch this through the tears for you and your girl. What a beauty. Thank you Wendy for being here and sharing your knoweledge. Don't know what I would have done many nights without your advise and guidance. Thank you Neko for your exsperience little one. Fly free and continue watching over your momma bean until you meet again.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Wendy))))

What a beautiful video and tribute to Soul Sista. I am so happy that you shared Neko’s earlier “before acro” days. I love the stories and the Christmas “conference” interrruption for play time.

The wonderful photos of Neko close up give us such a lovely picture into her beautiful soul. I was so honored to be able to help with support and advice and am thankful when you knew the diagnosis so the more experienced Julie could add her knowledge to the mix.

And while I wish with all my heart that you and Neko didn’t have to be here, you have been a Godsend to FDMB. I know of no one who has more experience and has done more research on acro and all the high dose Kitties here have benefited in spades from your help.

Much love to you, my friend. We must hold close in heart the thought that our girls are mischievously running the show at the Bridge.

Thank you for sharing your girl with us. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. Beautiful tribute. :bighug:

Phoebes (GA) and Wendy&Neko like this.
  5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Wendy, for sharing Neko’s beautiful story and for the blessing you continue to be to this Board. Praying for you and yours, that this day be filled with sweet remembrances of your girl and peace for your heart:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a great tribute to your beautiful girl, Wendy. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Neko was a beautiful cat. She reminds me of my own tuxedo kitty, Puff. The tribute was wonderful. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Such a beautiful tribute...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Neko was fun and loving, a perfect delight! Thank you so much for sharing her with us.
    By the way, Theo looks like her twin.

10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute to the beautiful Neko! Thank you for sharing her story with us!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute Wendy, thanks for sharing all those great pictures. I especially love the belly up pics, she looks so happy. What you have learned from taking care of Neko has helped so many of us with our kitties, you are a godsend for sharing your knowledge, and we also have Neko to thank! This board would not be the same w/o your continued support :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Wendy)))
    What a beautiful tribute to your girl. I only knew Neko when she was older, and I would always visit her daily condo to hear of her antics, dough balls, 3am kitty elevators:rolleyes:,I'm glad you shared her younger years with us. I wish I could smoosh that fluffy belly of hers.
    You were lucky to find each other, she was a special kitty, but she needed a very special bean, no one could have done more for her, and now her memory lives on in all you learnt and share daily with all of us here at FDMB.
    Thanks for sharing her story and for sharing all you learnt
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    :kiss::kiss::kiss:
    [​IMG]

13. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Oh Wendy, what a beautiful tribute to your special girl. You and Neko were so lucky to have each other! Thank you for sharing her with us:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko and Phoebes (GA) like this.
  14. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sweet Neko, we sure do miss you. Hugs to you, Wendy, I'm sure the tribute video was both the easiest and hardest thing to do. Thank you for sharing it with us. And thank you for all of your contributions to us and many others here on the board. It's part of Neko's legacy that you've shared what you've learned and helped others. We will be forever grateful to you and Neko for that.
    Liz

15. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

What a little beauty!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  16. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Wendy, what a lovely tribute to your best friend. She was such a beautiful, elegant girl. I'd like to thank you and Neko for the knowledge you shared then, and continue to share now. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

18. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Such a beautiful tribute for sweet Neko cat_wings>o
    I realized when I looked at her spreadsheet today that it was exactly 1 year since you said goodbye.
    Hugs to you Wendy xo

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  19. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I always loved the elevator stories and how Miss Neko enjoyed the solarium. Theo just wanted to love her, reminds me of how Leo wants to love Moo. Your special little girl left a big hole in your hearts as well as so many others here. She’s a fighter, a great traveling little girl, with the best bean ever. Lots of hugs Wendy :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Miss you, love you Neko, enjoy the butterflies.

20. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I miss her too Wendy. Our black kitties are special. I join you with tears and smiles. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I hope your broken hearts are mending.

21. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

((((Wendy)))),

I am so glad to be here to see the lovely tribute you made for Neko. Thank you for sharing some of your wonderful memories; Neko's antics with the Christmas tree definitely sound familiar, and your description of how she often danced and leaped on the lawn brought a smile, it must have been such a joy to watch in person. The second last photo with her stretched out...if I had been there, I think I might have attempted a belly kiss :joyful:

You have been so truly kind, and generous with your time and help that you have given me these last few months, I am forever grateful. The special bond you have with Neko will always be in your heart. :bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  22. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug:Oh Wendy what a beautiful girl. Love the photos. Neko was clearly a big fan of boxes and bags:cat:.
    It is so hard. You certainly went on quite the journey with Neko. You learned from each other. She was one lucky kitty and in return you were blessed to bring home your soul kitty at 11 months old. What a face, I love her markings. I hope all your wonderful memories bring a smile to your face and warms your heart.
    Thank you for sharing and I personally can't thank you enough for your help and support here. You are a godsend to FDMB:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  23. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I loved reading your story and watching your video of Neko. That rubable fur belly and those wise eyes! She sounds like she was the complete package: supremely lovable, a little naughty, and a great non verbal therapist! You gave her the stable home she desperately wanted and deserved and she gave you a lifetime of love in return.

It's nice to put a cat personality to the names/photos on here, especially for the ones who have gone on ahead. I can't imagine the heartbreak of losing Neko and having the emotional energy to continue on here with so many cats in similar situations, but we are all beyond thankful that you do! It's a testament to your kinship with Neko that you continue to help other cats like her and perhaps spare them some of the pain you both had to endure blazing the trail for acro cats. I didn't realize she was one of the first ones. :( We all owe you both a huge debt of gratitude. Your love endures, Neko, and your legacy continues.

Big hugs to you, Wendy. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

The tribue was beautiful, just like little Neko. Loved the photo of her by the fdmb spreadsheet (all those pinks :eek:)
    I also want to thank you, Wendy, for your wisdom, support, and advice. One of Neko's legacy is all the sugar kitties who are doing well because of your help. :bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Wendy))))
    Thank you for sharing more of Neko's story. It was my privilege to be able to offer encouragement, support, humor, and to yell, SHOOOOOT. This is a hard month for several of us and Neko and Gracie are in my thoughts.

26. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Neko's tribute video with us and for continuing to honor Neko's memory each and every day by providing support to all of us on the board. I'm glad a got the chance to "meet" Neko. You and Neko have played such a significant part in my understanding of feline diabetes and acro. :bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful tribute for your sweet girl. I love being reminded of the stories and seeing the pictures of her earlier years. She was a special kitty and you were lucky to have found each other. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Anne & Zener GA and Wendy&Neko like this.
  28. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Golly. Smiles and tears! I knew that this remembrance day was near and was so happy and moved to see these wonderful photos of your beautiful girl. (((Wendy))) you have given help to so many here on the board, and have been such a good friend. Thank you for this moving tribute.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Anne & Zener GA and Wendy&Neko like this.
  29. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I miss Neko. [​IMG] All those wonderful photos just take me back .... with my own journey, with yours, with so many others here. All of those that we shared time with while we were here. I think I needed the cry and the tears.
    You take fantastic pictures.....
    I love the one on the striped chair....
    I never realized she had 2 temporary homes before you.... but she had to , so she could be rescued by you.
    I hope she and Shadow are sharing moths and boxes over the bridge.
    Many hugs.....
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Neko for sharing your bean with us, it is truly an honor and privilege to get to know you both and have Wendy's guiding hand as we venture down our own highway. Peace :bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  31. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks to all of you have visited today. Your words have helped me enormously today. :bighug: And brought me some more smiles and memories.

The elevator calls - Neko lost the ability to jump on our tall bed with her arthritis. Our second time in Colorado, I arranged the hotel bed with a set of steps (pillows, table) so she could get on the bed. She was so pleased with herself that she could join me in bed at night. When we got home, I realized how much she'd missed that, and picked her up into bed at night. Of course, she needed help getting down in the middle of the night, then back up. She refused to use the stairs DH made her unless I put treats on each step. I created a monster. :p

Theo was not related - he was 4 years younger and came to our home when he was 7. I knew it was Neko's last days when she let him groom her as she lay on my lap.

Paying it back - when I joined, there had just been a dust up with the caregivers of some of the high dose kitties here, and they'd left to create a closed high dose FB page. Let's just say there were some personality differences and differing opinions on dosing. Julie had stayed, along with a couple other infrequent posters. It was quiet - I felt alone. I didn't want to go to FB mostly because I want acro knowledge to be open to anyone as it is in this open peer reviewed forum. I also didn't want any other member with an acro to feel alone ever again. I hope what Neko taught me can help others.

32. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

33. Gurkan&Raffy

Gurkan&Raffy Member

Thanks for sharing Neko's tributevideo and your unlimited knowledge-support with us...:bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  34. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Wendy, that is a beautiful tribute to Neko....what gorgeous eyes!
    She looked so happy and content in all the photos.
    I know how much you must miss her.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  35. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wendy, Neko is gorgeous and a ham for the camera. As I'm watching the video, my Tuxie jumped up to watch and is patting the screen. He is sending hugs to all of you.

36. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

She has such intelligent, knowing, self assured eyes. What a powerful presence. And you chose the perfect song. I should play it for my Yum. Thank you for staying on the forum and guiding those of us still in the battle.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  37. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy ~~ What a wonderful tribute to Neko. She is one kitty I won't ever forget. To this day I still remember her journey, all of it. Her journey helped me so much in trying to do the best I could for my sugar cat Mannie. I love how your chose to focus on the Neko that was without illness. It is how I remember my guy too, amazing since he had so many serious health issues. There is so much to learn from our kitties, and I know I learned from Neko, and from you. To this day I thank you, and most recently with your help with my lymphoma kitty Vanessa. Kudos to you, and to Neko!

This is so awesome, and so very true. It is why it it great you continue to visit. It was the reason I did for so many years after Mannie crossed. Mannie had so many complicated health issues prior to his crossing, and it was my hope too that by staying that his experiences could help others. I thank you for continuing to be part of this board - you are helping so many others.

The video was wonderful, so beautiful and poignant. The music was perfect. Thanks you for sharing, once again, Neko and her story with us. Hugs to all.

And Neko - always remembered, never forgotten.

38. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Wendy what a beautiful video, Neko was not only beautiful but very sweet I'm glad you shared this with us because I got to know her a little.

Babu and me we both owe you so much and want to thank you both for everything you've done for us.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  39. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

What a great family member, she looks so content in those photos. She had a great forever home and a bean that catered to her every need. Thank you for sharing Neko's tribute and know that her journey has helped many other cats and beans here who are dealing with Acro/ high dose conditions. Her memory lives on in many places including here on FDMB.:bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  40. SMM

SMM Member

I didn't get thru your tribute without crying, never mind the beautiful video.. What a lucky kitty Neko was as were you. No words, just thank you for sharing that part of your life here. Also a humongous thank you for sharing your vast knowledge.. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  41. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Wendy}}}

Haven't been on much, so didn't see this until today. I've had a good cry already, and I haven't even watched the video yet! I can't believe it's been a year already.

Neko was such a very special kitty - so many memories of her run through my mind, but the one that sticks is her love affair with the air compressor tires! Even now it makes me chuckle.

Thank you for sharing that beautiful tribute to the unforgettable Neko, but most of all, thank you for sharing all the knowledge and experience you acquired while caring for her. You truly are a lifeline for people with high dose cats, and I don't know what we would do without you. I know I depend on you a great deal when trying to help others.

This comment started the tears again. Thanks to you, they won't. :bighug:

42. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute to Neko and glad Theo was included. Sometimes time just isn't enough...... :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  43. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

(((Wendy)))

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  44. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

(((Wendy)))) what a lovely tribute to your sweet girl! I'm so glad I got to meet Neko in person - I feel very lucky! The pictures of her in the solarium, soaking up the sun reminds me of your stories, and of meeting her in her personal sunny haven. Her long whiskers and eyebrows and her love of bags/boxes remind me so much of punkin. [​IMG]

I'm glad that I could be there for you in those early days - I shared your reasons for staying so long after punkin passed. Acromegaly is a terrible thing to bear, and it's easier when the burden is shared with a buddy. You can be secure in knowing you did everything you could for Neko. I have found that to be a comfort - we took every opportunity there was to help our beloved little giants.

I'll second the comments on what a gift you've been to all the kitties in LLL. You are a treasure. Sending you lots of love & a big hug as you remember Neko. [​IMG]

45. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Wendy)))
    what a beautiful tribute to your legendary Neko. I love those "come rub my tummy " pictures, she was such a beautiful girl and how lucky that you both found each other. You and Neko have been an inspiration to so many and I remember so vividly the day I arrived here over 3 years ago terrified with Crystal's diagnosis of acro and not knowing who to turn to. You and Julie were there straight away welcoming me and supporting us both unfailingly throughout our journey, and we couldn't have done it without you. I learned so much from your knowledge and understanding of this awful condition and I am forever endebted to you and Neko for giving Crystal and me extra time together.
    We have all benefitted from Neko's experience and the world is a sadder place without her. I know how hard it is for you without her but I'm sure she is happy and well at the Bridge, chasing moths and hummingbirds and waiting patiently until you hold her again.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  46. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((Wendy and Ron)))) I know how hard it is to write these things but I'm so glad you did because now beautiful Neko's legacy can live on forever. Tiger and I only were here a short time in comparison, but we will be forever grateful for after my first post, when I figured nobody would ever reply, here came this comforting post from just North of me, up in Vancouver BC! I know how many others you and Neko and Theo have helped and also there are so many that have been lurkers- you give so much back to the community! And I think that is what this journey has to be all about, it truly isn't the destination, it is all about the journey. Thank you for sharing Neko's story with us and for the beautiful video. (wiping away tears!!!)

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  47. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute, Wendy, and what a beautiful, beautiful cat Neko was... You said that she was an empathetic cat, and that gentle kindness shines through in the photos: she clearly has a big heart.

I don't know how we get over the loss of these heart and soul kitties that come to us...on the one hand, it is such a precious gift to have such a cat - and yet the loss of that kind of bond must be excruciating. I don't think that kind of bond can end, though: it's just too powerful a thing. I believe that we will all be with our heart kitties again...

I hadn't really realised that it's only been a year since you lost Neko; I'm sorry that I hadn't noticed that, Wendy. Thank you, so much, for continuing to help all of us even though your grief must still be so fresh...

And thank you for sharing your wonderful tribute to your beloved Neko....:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  48. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Kadie (Juba's Mom) Member

Wendy,
    I'm not on here very often, but when I came across your posting for sweet Neko, I knew I had to comment!

You, along with many others have helped me so much with my sugar girl, and I cannot thank you enough for everything you've done.

Your tribute to Neko was beautiful and emotional beyond words, and I still remember your last post about her.

Neko was an amazing being, and I've learned so much from her, and you caring for her. I cannot thank you enough for your encouragement and support, and I know sweet Neko is looking down upon you with grace, because you have continued to share support and your knowledge with other FD parents.

Words cannot describe how hard this time of year must be for you, but I am truly wishing you have a wonderful holiday season.

<3 <3 <3 Hugs Wendy!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  49. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Thank you Wendy. You helped me and Leo. Without your help and the help of a few others, Leo would be gone.

I am so glad you stayed on FDMB. I never felt alone when Leo was having his acro issues. :bighug:

What a fine tribute you have made for Neko. I missed it in December, as I don't look in this subforum like I should. Neko was a great kitteh.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  50. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Beautifully done! What a beautiful girl! Sending a hug

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  51. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

What a wonderful tribute to Neko! She sounds like such a blessing in your life. Wonderful memories and such a special girl I am sure. Thank you so much for helping around here! You are very much appreciated :)

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  52. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Wow. Beautiful souls, both yourself and Neko chan - I added 'chan' as a mother would add 'chan' to the end of their child's name to show they are well - loved. Neko chan lives in Wendy's heart, cherish her - always; Wendy lives in Neko chan's heart, she cherishes you, still... and always.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  53. Dimmu & KL

Dimmu & KL Member

I stalk on a lot of kitties here on FDMB, but never read/watched any tribute posts/videos as it'd be heartbreaking even though I don't really know the kitties.

My boyfriend was on FDMB today and clicked open Neko's tribute and played the video. I was reluctant to watch first, but so glad I gave in and read Neko's tribute so I get to know the sweet girl a little bit.

Thank you, Neko, for being a great teacher so we can all learn from you. Thank you, Wendy for sharing your invaluable knowledge and lovely memories of Neko.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  54. Summers Mom

Summers Mom Member

Wendy, this was such a beautiful tribute to your sweet girl Neko. She was so beautiful and even though i didn't know her it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing and caring about all the other kitties here and spreading your knowledge and support. Thank you so much for helping me with my Summer. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  55. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

The happiness and joy that you shared with Neko comes through in every word of this tribute. You two were so lucky to have such a beautiful life together. We miss you sweet Neko!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Wendy&Neko likes this.
  56. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute to a sweet, beautiful girl!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  57. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

What a beautiful girl Neko was <3 and such a sweetheart! Thank you for giving her the best forever home that she could ask for. :bighug:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  58. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Wendy,
    I wish that I would have commented yesterday, but these things are hard for me. I cannot deal with the loss, even of one that is not my own. Neko was so very beautiful and the bond between you both is a force to behold. I have not been on here long, but you were the first person I reached out to and I am so very glad that I did. I know that none of this will bring your girl back, but I believe that all of us are put here for a reason. Some of us are touched by things before we make it here and those of us that have been are destined to do wonderful things. Neko was one of those that was touched in this way as she has, by herself, taught you so very much and this is knowledge that you have then passed on to so many others. The countless numbers of lives that Neko touches everyday is astounding and the good that you do everyday is nothing short of a miracle. I do not think that we think of how hard it must all be for you to continue this journey, but know that when I say that I appreciate it beyond words, I speak for everyone here. You, my dear, are a miracle in your own right and I wish that words could heal those hurts, but they cannot. I can only say thank you with everything inside me for the short time that I have had the privilege to know you and Neko. If ever there were more amazing beings....

Wendy&Neko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.