GA 6-2 Gizmo is at peace and pain free

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Last Post

Last night Gizmo enjoyed outside time and we even went for a walk. This morning we spent even more time outside as this was Gizmo’s favorite place to be this past week.

As we pulled out of our garage this morning, we couldn’t help but notice the song on the radio ... “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright.” We only heard the last few lines of the song, which were everything’s gonna be alright (repeated twice). About halfway to the vet’s office, another song came on ... “Meant to Be.” It happens to be a favorite song of our family right now, but I only really heard one line “everything’s gonna be alright.” I didn’t even know that line was in the song.

At the vet’s office, the room was beautiful. The light paneling was created to look like a sky with flowers. It’s heard to describe, but it was very peaceful. I really liked the plaque on the wall. 1E0BF586-2C1F-4707-BDFB-09E0D717A154.jpeg

Gizmo passed peacefully in my arms at 10:10 this morning. They even made impressions of his paws and placed in a keepsake frame with a spot for his picture.

When we were driving down our road, almost back to our house, the song “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright” came on the radio again. We said ok, at this point this is no longer a coincidence, but rather a sign. As we were burying him, several butterflies flew by.

Gizmo says everything’s gonna be alright and we just have to trust him.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I really can't express feelings, I just want you to know that I'm sorry you had to make this decision. You are brave and loving. Sending lots of love, hugs, wishes for comfort and peace, to you and family. :bighug:cat_wings>o

Noah & me (GA) and Chubba (GA) like this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Huge hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gizmo is at peace and free from his acro body. I hope you and your family can eventually find peace too.

Fly free like that butterfly Gizmo. Send your beans another sign when you've made it to the Bridge. I'm sure Neko and our other GAs will be there to show him the best gardens to hang out in while he waits to see you again.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss, sounds like you all had wonderful evening last night, fly free sweet Gizmocat_wings>o sending lots of hugs and love:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:rb_icon:I'm so sorry. Its so hard but Gizmo is in a better place and will watch over you and your family:bighug::bighug::bighug:

My eyes are tearing up... ...may you find comfort in all the wonderful memories. Time heals all
    Gizmo will be with all our GA babies and they will run, play, and have fun!cat_wings>o

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet boy. No more pain.

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️

8. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

❤️ Amen. For a life well lived and full of love. Heaps of vines for you and your family during these days and for your galliant Gizmo in this his next journey.❤️
    06B72F4E-4FE9-47BF-A0CE-0C55F313633F.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  9. Deborah Martin

Deborah Martin New Member

So sorry for your loss, but hearing those songs was no coincidence! God bless you.

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to read this sad news ... but it is good that he's no longer in pain..you are a good bean..Prayers to you and your family at this time...sending paws of love your way...cat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>o

11. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Gizmo. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

14. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Aw, Chubba. I wish you didn't need to go, but since you had to (making me cry), please remember everyone you left behind. Know they take heart, realizing you will all be re-united in a much sweeter place:rb_icon:, far beyond pain, and storms.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss...........Gizmo may be gone but you have your memories for ever. Our thoughts are with you!

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No matter how well we know our decision is the best decision possible and a decision based on what our kitty tells us, it still hurts. They do send us signs. When Gabby crossed, it was a dreary day -- until the sun came out while I was holding her in my arms and she was finally free of her failing body.

Keep looking for those signs. That furry angel will tell you he is with his family from Lantus/Lev Land. They are all playing and chasing butterflies and waiting to be reunited with the ones they love best.

A few days after Gabby crossed, I came across this quote. I hope it brings you some comfort. "Cats never completely leave you. They side step time, shrug off death - come at the call of memory their beauty undiminished, their touch as gentle, their love perpetual."

17. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

I’m very sorry for your loss. :bighug::rb_icon:

Chubba (GA) and Noah & me (GA) like this.
  18. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

bye little Gizmo :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

19. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it was Gizmo's time to leave. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Fly Free Gizmo.
    cat_wings>o
    Big Tears. I'm sorry for your loss.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  21. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

22. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's wonderful you got those signs it will be alright.

Thinking of you during this sad time.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  23. Chubba (GA)

I’m sure Gizmo will be looking for Beenie so that they can continue their adventures and reminisce about teasing the sharks.
    Thank you. We also found a lot of comfort in “The Loving Ones” that you posted for @PussCatPrince - GA. My children really enjoyed the poem. I’m thinking about using it in some sort of memorial to all of our animals who are waiting for us at the rainbow bridge.
    :rb_icon:

24. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Thinking of Gizmo with Beenie brought a smile through my tears, it's never enough time and we miss them so when they have to go, but Gizmo was so loved, and even reached out to find a special place in my heart. I'm so very sorry...I will light a candle for him tonight..fly free sweet boy, Maverick and all your friends here will miss you cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  25. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to have a gentle good-bye with your Gizmo the Chubba. I tend to connect with songs when I'm going through this, too, and when I hear the songs later, the bittersweet becomes sweeter over time. Very sorry for your loss of your beautiful gray guy with the glorious bright eyes. cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  26. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Gizmo always had a special place in my heart as him and Bronx are like brothers, fighting together against the acro disease, the cabergoline trial & excitement, and they even look alike. Gizmo is now pain free and will wear his wings proudly watching over all the other acro kitties battling this horrible disease. Fly free sweet Gizmo, you are one special kitty.
    :rb_icon: cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

27. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

As Gizmo begins his new adventure he will be surrounded by all our GAs and they will keep him "in good paws" until you meet again. :rb_icon: Farewell, sweet, handsome boy. Fly free! You are much loved.

cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  28. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

So sorry you have to go through this. It seems like your vets office was so nice which must have been comforting during that hard time. Hugs your way and may time start to heal your heart. cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  29. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Oh Gizmo... You will be missed. Fly free sweet boy... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I wish I had the right words, but no words ever seem right for things like this. All the love in the world for you both... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  30. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

Oh I am so sorry.....

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  31. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry you had to let your boy go. :bighug::rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  32. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry it was time for Gizmo to start his new adventure, but until you see each other again, I know the other L&L kitties will keep him busy and love him dearly.

Fly free sweet Gizmo and land softly cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  33. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss:bighug:
    Fly Free Sweet Gizmo:rb_icon:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  34. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry I didn't know you and Gizmo well, although I've followed your condos. He always caught my eye because he looks just like a 17-year old Russian Blue mix that just wandered into our lives, right down to the tiny white splotch on his chest.

Everything is gonna be alright. So glad his passing was peaceful. My heart is with you.

Sandi.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  35. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Be free Gizmo. Back into the kitty you are meant to be. No pain, no worries. Ed, Paula and Titan cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  36. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that your last memories of Gizmo are of peace and pleasant things, and that the universe conspired to help you through the hardest parts. Your love for Gizmo through all of this has been very clear, and you demonstrated just how much he meant to you when you gave him the greatest gift - freedom from suffering - even though I know what it cost you to let him go. They are never with us long enough, but they leave such an impression on our souls. My family sends our deepest sympathy to yours. :bighug:

Fly free, sweet Gizmo, and land softly.
    :rb_icon:

HWright and Chubba (GA) like this.
  37. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you but glad it was a peaceful setting and that signs were sent that Everything's Gonna Be Alright :bighug::bighug::bighug: Sienne gave me this link when Doodles crossed http://www.bonfires.de/TheLovingOnes.htm I found it comforting during the difficult times. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Fly free and land softly sweet Gizmo...you'll never be forgotten.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  38. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss...

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  39. Chubba (GA)

Yes, thank you for posting it is this condo. I first saw it earlier this week when she posted it in another condo. It has brought us great comfort.:bighug:

ETA - I believe Gizmo was with us last night. Daisy, our civvie, never went into our bedroom closet before. However last night, as I was reading in bed, I heard her into something. I looked and couldn’t see her. I got up to investigate, not only was she in the closet in Gizmo’s favorite spot, but she was pawing at a bag of gift bags that I keep in there. Gizmo loved to tear them apart. ;) He is still with us ... Everything’s gonna be alright! :cat:

40. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So so sorry it was Gizmos time. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  41. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Our Acro-kittehs - the brightest candles always burn the quickest. But in that time they give us so much. I was always hoping Gizmo would be a great success case. But we must always look past their illness and treasure the kittehs they were meant to be.

I am sorry for your loss. Gizmo was loved. May he fly freely and land safely at the Bridge, waiting for you there.cat_wings>o

saltycat and Chubba (GA) like this.
  42. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Prayers for your grieving heart.
    All of our GA's will welcome him at the rainbow bridge where he will wait for you.
    Fly Free Gizmo.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  43. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free little one.
    The signs sent that you are well, and at peace and happy were very cool, they knew they were from you.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  44. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry--:rb_icon:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  45. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry to read this. Even when you know it’s going to happen, it doesn’t take away the sadness. It’s very touching that you heard those songs and saw those butterflies, I hope it gave you a little peace that you absolutely made the right decision. Sweet Gizmo will be very much missed around here. Love to you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  46. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

@Chubba (GA)

I'm like a London bus or any bus for that matter. Better late than never. I've had some 'stuff' that needed a good sound focus from me to me.

I'm here and I am holding you tight. Very tight.

The 'Loving Ones' poem is a good one. We choose. We gain. We grow. What is a life without that.

I'm here and I'm holding you tight.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  47. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe the GA next to Chubba's name. Last time I checked in on FDMB Gizmo was in remission. I am so sorry. What a terrible rollercoaster ride: remission to cancer to GA. Yum's last month was like that. I am so sorry. My civvie Belle who passed on 6/4 was a solid grey like Gizmo. Peace to you. Our cats are at peace.

Chubba (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  48. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it was Gizmo's time to go to the rainbow bridge.
    Fly free Gizmocat_wings>o:rb_icon:
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  49. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Valerie)))

I am so heartbroken for you that your sweet boy has crossed. I think you are right that the song repeating was not just a coincidence and I hope you’ve had some signs that Gizmo is doing well at the Bridge with all our other GAs.

They leave such a profound hole in our hearts and lives, these little ones. I hope you and your family are at peace. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  50. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read of Gizmo's passing. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Glad you had some quality time with him before helping him to the Bridge.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  51. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Gizmo was sending you some powerful signs there! I am so, so sorry for your loss, but i'm so glad that he passed so peacefully. I love the plaque at the vet's office. RIP, beautiful Gizmo! Keep sending momma those signs... :bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.