GA 9/24 R.I.P. Squallie

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lucy wanted me to let you all know that Squallie peacefully passed today at 4:30 at the vets . She thanks everyone from the bottom of her heart for all the love, support and encouragement through all of this . RIP , dear Super Senior Squallie .❤️

2. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Ugh :( my heart breaks for her. :(cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Fly Free Squallie :rb_icon:
    Lucy :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I know how you feel.

5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting us know.

You may be gone from this world Mr Stripey Man but you are not gone from the hearts of many.
    Take care Lucy.

M
    x

6. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

@Squalliesmom I’m so very sorry Lucy :(. My heart aches. I know how much it hurts.
    Fly free sweet Squallie cat_wings>o

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Another one of our legends is gone :(

So very sorry @Squalliesmom

Fly free sweet Squallie and land softly.....You have lots of great friends at the Bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the one you love most comes to be with you forever. cat_wings>o

8. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:(:( ((Lucy)) I don't even have words....I am so sorry.

Fly free sweet Squalliebear:rb_icon:

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Lucy, so sorry. Been thinking of you all day. Squallie is such a icon here. You are such a devoted mama and as much as it hurts you gave him the last act of love. Be free little one. Take care of yourself Lucy.

10. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

11. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:Lucy:bighug::bighug:

Fly free sweet Squallie cat_wings>o

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I have been dreading this post all day. :(

Fly feel sweet Squalliebear, land softly :rb_icon:

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I'm beyond sorry, Lucy. :(

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers to you, Lucy. Squallie will live on forever in your heart...he will always be a part of who you are.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Squallie. Sending hugs and prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Lucy)))) :bighug::bighug::bighug: I am so, so sorry.

I'll be looking to the stars tonight. That bright new one up there will be our old Stripey boy Squallie. Fly free on your new angel wings Squallie. You leave many broken hearts behind. Send your mammabean a sign when you make it to the Bridge.

16. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Lucy, sending you prayers and hugs as you go through this. I hope that you can find comfort and peace.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Lucy, I am so very, very sorry for your loss! I wish you peace in this most difficult time. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    RIP, dear Squallie! Fly free... cat_wings>o

18. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

I think this is the most I've cried for a kitty I've never met. I'm so, so sorry. Run free sweet boy.

19. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Tears..... I'm so very sorry Lucy. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: RIP sweet Squallie! kitty angel 4.jpg

20. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry. This is so very difficult.
    :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Noah & me (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Lucy)))))
    Those of us who have walked in your shoes and said farewell to a beloved kitty, know that there are no words that will take the heartbreak away. We have all chosen tears when we share our hearts with a kitty, and we would have it no other way.

Why we choose tears...

22. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Lucy I am so sorry you had to say goodbye for now. May you fly High and free and land softly at the bridge. We will miss you Squallie :rb_icon::rb_icon:cat_wings>o

23. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Lucy.
    Fly free Squallie :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

24. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

(((Lucy))) I’m so, so very sorry:bighug:
    Fly Free Sweet Squallie, you are so loved:rb_icon:

25. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Lucy, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of Squallie, who can now play up there with Davidson and all the others who have flown free and amongst the stars! The tears will turn to smiles and laughs soon enough as you remember your dear kittie, and when the tears do come again, they are there for the love you had - my tears flow each day as I hope your do because they amount to the love we share. R.I.P. Squallie.

26. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Lucy, so sorry for your loss of sweet Squallie! Many hugs and prayers for peace and comfort during this very difficult time. Squallie is all better now and will probably be chasing IMs at the rainbow bridge tonight.

27. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Squallie. He was well loved, and will be so missed... Fly free, little guy :rb_icon:.

28. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Dearest Lucy, my heart is heavy for you right now. This is the hardest part of sharing our lives with our little fur friends and the time that we all dread. You were a devoted and loving fur mom and I'm sure that Squallie loved you as much as you loved him. I wish there were words to take away all your pain, but I don't know what they would be. Fly high, Sweet Squallie Bear, and land softly. :bighug:cat_wings>o

29. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss Lucy.

Fly free sweet Squallie :rb_icon: 12957.jpg :rb_icon:

30. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Lucy, I am so, so, so sorry. Sweet Squallie has had such a presence here- it's been an honor to have shared his journey
    Tons of hugs and love :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Words fail, my heart is so heavy with this news. We were all blessed to know Squallie through you, Lucy. Thank you so much for sharing the little stripey guy and the special relationship that was between you. I can't mend your heart tonight, I wish I could, but I can put virtual arms around you and tell you with all conviction that Squallie says "I love you Mom, thank you for loving me."

32. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Lucy, I'm so sorry it was Squallie's time to cross....big huge looooong hug. Remember - he's not 'gone', you just have to hug him differently.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet boy.....land softly back in Mama's broken heart.

More hugs,

33. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Me too. This is the toughest part of following the FDMB.

34. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

My heartfelt wishes that you eventually find peace in your heart and the pain of losing Squallie lessens.:bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

35. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Lucy))),
    Squallie has earned his golden wings, and he will have many friends welcoming him to the Bridge tonight. And as the Full Harvest Moon shines down on his L&LL pals, they will see him through the veil and know that he will be fine "until they meet again". You will be fine, too, Lucy, for your wonderful Squallie will always be with you in that special place in your heart that belongs only to him.
    Fly free, Deputy Squallie! You are much loved. cat_wings>o

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty (GA), and Stu (GA)

36. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Lucy)))). Tears abound here for you tonight. Squallie was so blessed to have a mommy who always put his needs and care first no matter what. And you continued that today when he let you know he was ready. You listened to him and gave him the final gift of love while he was on this earth.

Fly free, stripey man. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

37. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry, Lucy, for your profound loss. When a kitten is just starting out, we hope that they will find their forever family right away, that they will be appreciated and delighted in every day, that they will be well cared for as they face the challenges of aging, and that they will reach a ripe old age, supported with love until their last moments. You gave all that and more to Squallie all his life; right now is a heart-breaking part of a beautiful and happy love story. :bighug:cat_wings>o:bighug:

Thank you for letting us know, @Beth 73. I know you're grieving deeply for dear Squallie, too.:bighug:

38. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

:rb_icon::bighug::rb_icon:so many lives your beautiful boy touched....special is not enough to describe Squallie. He will be greatly missed:bighug:

39. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss Fly Free sweet baby xoxo :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

40. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
    From a headstone in Ireland

41. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

There are never any great words to say. The longer they are with us, the harder it is. Squallie knew love and health. What great memories you must have of your sweet kitteh, through all the years.

May he fly freely and land softly at the Bridge. Squallie was loved.cat_wings>o

42. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I love this!! It is so true....thank you for posting that for Lucy.....
    My BF always tells me life is about making memories .... wow our babies sure do that and NO ONE can steal them.

43. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

44. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I have been dreading this post, I prayed that it never happened, Lucy I am so sorry for your loss, dear Squallie fly free of pain and be at peace cat_wings>ocat_wings>ocat_wings>o you are so loved!!

45. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Ours hearts ache for you @Squalliesmom...mau Squallie land softly on the other side of the bridge where all the other GA's are waiting...my Miss Puss, Sam and Mr. E...along with all the others...
    We're all there with you...sharing your grief...sending prayers and hugs your way...cat_wings>o

46. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you ... fly free & be healthy once again Squallie! We all loved you from afar.. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

47. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Lucy I'm so very sorry for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

48. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

49. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Lucy, I can't express how sorry I am for the loss of your sweet Squallie kitty. xoxoxoxoxo

50. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to read that Squallie has passed. You were a dedicated care giver par excellence. He knew he was loved. :bighug::rb_icon:cat_wings>o

51. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

(((Lucy))), with all our love from Sootie’s Tribe for you, your family and Squallie, the master IM catcher, in this his new journey to the great beyond on the beams of the Full Harvest Moon. Fly High, Mr Stripey Man, land softly and give your mama signs to comfort and dry her tears and to let her know that all is well. ❤️:rb_icon:cat_wings>o❤️

52. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((( Lucy )))))
    I'm so sorry. My heart hurts for you.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

cat_wings>o Fly free dear Squallie... land softly.

53. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Lucy. So much love here for you and sweet Squallie. cat_wings>o

54. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Squallie, my favorite little striped cat. You fought the good fight Squallie and everyone cared and showed their love for both you and Lucy.
    This is the one forum I never share with Cynthia. It's hard enough already.
    The grass is soft and warm across the bridge, the sun always shines and you'll never have to paw at your halo. Take care of yourself Lucy.
    Say hi to our boys Squallie. :bighug:

55. JeanW

JeanW Member

I am so so sorry. It is so painful.
    Tons of love and hugs to you. You were blessed to have each other on life's journey.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

56. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. Sending love your way.

Fly free, Sweet Squallie, and land gently.
    :rb_icon:

57. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Lucy}}}

I just couldn't write anything here yesterday. I read a few posts and couldn't see to type...

You and Squallie have been through so much together, and you've been a part of our family for so long. :bighug:

This is a big loss for all of us, and we know how enormous it is for you. You have been such an amazing mamabean, giving him everything he could possibly need or want, and when the time came, you gave him the ultimate gift, even though I'm sure it was the last thing you ever wanted to do. He knew how much you love him, and he trusted you to do what was best for him. He was such a smart boy!

As you adjust to your new normal, hold those good memories close and let go of the tough times. Squallie is comfortable and happy now, watching over you and waiting for the day you will be reunited. He will never be far from you because he has a permanent home in your heart.

Fly free, dearest Squallie, and land softly. :rb_icon:

Carol in Chicago and Jill & Jade like this.
  58. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Lucy I'm so very very sorry, we all loved Squallie, sending you lots and lot of :bighug::bighug::bighug: and love to you both

59. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

So sorry to hear about squallie. May squallie fly free and soon you will have a sign that she has made it to the other side. She maybe gone but not forgotten. Just remember she is watching over you

60. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

My heart breaks to see this, I am so sorry that it was Squallie's time...I am sure you will both forever be in each other's hearts. Fly high and free, sweet Squallie :rb_icon:cat_wings>o
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

61. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Lucy)))) I've been avoiding this thread, just seeing the title brought tears to my eyes, we all know what a special boy he was and how much you loved him, I know that no words will ease the pain and sadness you feel now, I hope that with time you will be left with the memories of the good times you shared.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for starting the thread Beth.

62. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this, ugh, heartbreaking. If it can provide some comfort, an angel comes for every animal. I watched it happen. cat_wings>o

When I had to put my Lenny down at the vet, I was still holding him after they euthanized him, crying ridiculously hard when suddenly, I was transported to a 'white room with no walls or ceiling' just pure whiteness, the love, and warmth I felt were incredible, indescribable! I watched as Lenny jumped all around in his youth once again in the 'white space' and playing so happily, then unexpectedly, he jumped back into my arms - as if on cue. I was looking down at him when suddenly, out of nowhere, I saw a white translucent robe (cannot describe the material, it was breathtakingly beautiful) flowing in front of me, then male hands reached out to me to accept my Lenny. I was crying so hard, I didn't look up to see his face, that was my last concern; I was in too much grief. I then handed him over to the angel and watched as the angel held him, caressed him so gently and placed Lenny to his chest and just loved him. I was bawling so hard at that point. Within seconds, as quickly as he appeared, he disappeared, and I was immediately transported back to the vet's office, still holding Lenny's lifeless body. Miraculously, Lenny's 18-year-old fur started to change back to a young cat's fur, beautiful and full, once again - we couldn't believe what we were seeing as the whole family stood there in total amazement.

An angel came for Squallie, cat_wings>oand Squallie is young once again and in perfect health! When it is our time, our animals will be there to greet us. Squallie is still with you, you can do no wrong in his eyes. You loved him, that was all that mattered, be proud of that love; he loved you. It is an honor to be loved by an animal! Allow yourself to grieve, allow yourself to 'see' Squallie, he is still a gift to you.

Dyana, Jill & Jade and Shoeskitty-GA like this.
  63. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

(((Lucy)) and our beloved (((Squallie))) I cannot put into words the hurt that comes with losing one of our family members. He knows you devoted every second to him and will be watching on you from above with all his L&L friends. Take all the time you need but know we are always here if you need some consolation or any help from the community.

64. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

65. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Lucy, my heart aches for the pain you must be feeling right now. Squallie was an amazing kitty and you were a great momma to him. Sending many hugs, love, and comfort to you. Fly free sweet Squallie and land softly. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

66. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Lucy)))))
    Tears are flowing here too as the news sinks in...I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know there are no good words that will ease that hurt..know that there are gentle healing thoughts coming your way from here. I know that there was a big welcome crew waiting for Squallie at the bridge, Gussie among them..
    Your heart is so very huge, I wish there were something I could do..
    Gentle hugs and a glass raised in memory of Squallie..
    Les

Dyana likes this.
  67. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Please see this condo Lucy asked me to do on her behalf thanking everyone.

68. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Lucy, my heart is breaking as I read this. Squallie will be with so many of our precious ones at the Bridge. Can’t say more with tears flowing. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

69. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

O damn, I;m so, so sorry.
    Our hearts break with yours. What a once-in-a-lifetime bond you and Squallie had. And will have again one day - even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Take care of yourself, Lucy. :bighug: